Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Photo catch up

I am counting the days.  On Saturday we leave for our two week vacation in Plettenberg Bay. I am sure by now you all know that Plett is my happy place.

Our weaver families are still building nests like crazy.  More often than not we wake up to nests that have been blown down by the crazy wind.

It makes me wonder just how many times they will rebuild.
I am still enjoying waking up to birdsong in the mornings.
This little man is very happy that summer will soon be here.
All he wants...is to play outside.

On Sunday we went for a walk along the beach at Sardinia Bay.

Favourite beach to humans and animals.

Strange looking blue bottle.

I love how unspoiled this beach is...no developments and building projects.

Proof that everyone knows my man.  Two lone horse riders and they know him.

Big handsome guy.

The old lifesaver building.  Abandoned and falling into disrepair since the huge dune cut off the road to the main beach.

Vegetation is slowly taking over the walkways and the braai areas.

Road to nowhere...and disappearing under the dune.

This is still one of my favourite places...and maybe it is good that it is no longer popular because you have to climb the huge dune to get down to the beach.

Today this little man helped Oupa outside in the garden.  Here he is tasting the salty water of the pool.
So cute!

xoxo



20 comments:

  1. Another stunning photo journal Lynette. The weavers on your side looks totally different than the one's here in Johannesburg.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photo tour! Everything looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, thanks for taking us along with you (via photo)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I meet you down there? :) BLISS@!!!! For two weeks!!!

    LOVE the beach pics and yes, your little man is super gorgeous!

    Is it just you and K or is the whole family going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...you can meet me down there. K and I will be going alone. We need a break from the kids and they need a break from us ;-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Lynette! Beautiful place! as if visited ... Wonderful photo! - Stephen charming and fun birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My English is very bad. I wanted to say - charming Stephan.

      Delete
  6. Sardinia Beach looks awesome. How lovely to have an unspoilt beach to visit and enjoy. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now this place does look magical and I hope you have a wonderful time, relaxing, exploring and taking a million photographs. Your photographs are gorgeous, that little fellow is SO cute!!! OMG adorable.... plus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos!! I love his Phineas shirt!! Brookie loves that show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photography looks stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh beautiful photos, the beach is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so lovely...I could totally do with another beach break right about now!
    Shame...at my parents' place one determined weaver has been reconstructing for aaaages. Now that he's finally settled on a design and seems ready to move in, my dad has decided that that particular tree needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos Lynette! The beach looks amazing ... it must be amazing to go toa beach that is so quiet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing photos Lynette. Those birds and their intricate nests amaze me! Such a wonderful beach to walk on. Looks so peaceful. Stefan is getting so big. He is such a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're looking good. Love all the photos.
    We have so many birds nests in the tree which are in our garden due to the little birds but we love it. Love watching and hearing the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos! Looks like paradise! The blue bottle is really strange! I've never seen a jelly fish like that before! Love those birds nests - so clever, and how persistant of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photo's and all making up a treasure of memories! Hope to see them scrapped really soon!!!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you know Saards is my happy place to an extent. Enjoy the break - BTW that used to be hubby's lifesavings club

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful photos! Hope you have a big photo wall with some of these treasures up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥