Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Be You - CSI #89 - Fancy Pants (Be You)

I have to admit that I am hooked to the CSI challenges.   I love that I can dig through my extensive stash and pick the colours and embellishments to solve the case file ;-)  This is Case File no 89. 

I chose some photo's taken at the little one's school nativity in 2011.  Here is my layout:
Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Fancy Pants (Be You); Bracket, heart chipboard, quote and title:  Fancy pants (Be You); Giraffe:  Jolee's, Flowers: Prima.  Other:  EK Success edge punch; The Crafters Workshop Cubist stencil; Neocolor II water pastels, texture paste.

I first completed my background. I used the Cubist stencil and traced the blocks onto the bazzill and then coloured them with my Neocolor II water pastels.  A wet paint brush and the blocks were painted.  Once it was dry I applied smaller blocks over the painted blocks with the texture paste.  I love that the texture paste is translucent and allows the colours to shine through.

I love this three little ones.  They are exactly 10 months apart in age and have grown up like siblings.  I edged all the patterned pieces with a black edge punch.

Lastly I dressed my page with the little giraffe and some little flowers.

I used all 5 the colours,  Evidence: Animal accent, polka dots, brackets, scallops. Testimony. Placed bracket next to title.

Hope you are having a lovely long weekend...if you are living in South Africa.  xoxo

17 comments:

  1. I love this! your background is awesome. I am a huge fan of watercolor pencil :) :) you did a fab job with the case file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new challenge site for me, will have to go check it out! Great take on the sketch and what cute photo's. I'm loving the texture and that giraffe is so sweet. Enjoy your long weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photos and love love love love those squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable Lynette!! Love how you created the background on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beautiful layout! Love the colours and your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I love the way you have used colors and textures and I truly love the quotes you have used too.. great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing page ... Definitely a C.A.S.E. (copy and steal everything) layout. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes these challenges are addictive! There is more prep work that goes into them but the results are always stunning! It really is the perfect way to use up the stash and find treasure in old product. They are having a DT call going on now! You broke the case amazingly. I love the background mosaic effect and these photos are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette wonderful layout! First glance, of course, on the children - they are so sweet! then long considered the background - a very interesting and original! Class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah this is too gorgeous! Yes I remember my days of being addicted to CCG for YEARS for exactly the same reasonZmmmfun stash-raiding!! I love the cubist blocks you added. Please let me know what brand the clear molding paste is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute page Lynette...I love all the little elements and sweet photo's! LOL...so great you are getting into your stash, I have really been trying to do the same! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love how you created the background with a kind of mosaic effect. Now those three little subjects are just too precious for words.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos!!! And that giraffe!!! And the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, this is sooooo cute! I love the clean look that you are able to achieve with your background stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous layout, the background is gorgeous, so bright and fun ...and the precious photograph of the little ones all dressed up. Beautiful, and the memories too ....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my- I just LOVE those colored blocks in your background! They really look amazing! Great layout~ love it :)

    xErin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥