Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sproetjies Liefling - Scrap Around the World - Glitz

It is a lovely long weekend in South Africa.  Friday was a public holiday to celebrate Woman's day.  Now what could possibly be better than spending this special day scrapping.  I decided to play along with the latest challenge on Scrap Around the World.  Here is the layout I made:

Supplies Used:  Background Pattern Paper:  My Minds Eye; Pattern Paper:  Glitz; Cardstock: Bazzill; Flowers:  Prima, Petaloo; Pearls: Prima: Heart Stamp: Prima; Title and doilies: cut with Silhouette; Other: PanPastels; Texture Paste; Crafters Workshop stencils and Ranger Distress Ink.

This is the Scrap Around the World Mood board and sketch.  I used the soft colours and flowers from the mood board as inspiration.  I replaced the circles in the sketch with doilies.

I found the magic of Panpastels.  I love the soft feel of them and the way they blend beautifully and smoothly.  I also like the fact that I can just use an eraser when I am not happy with the result.  I first used the Crafters Workshop mini tile texture template and applied texture paste through it to the corners of the background paper.  When it was dry I shaded the background with soft pink, aqua and burnt sienna PanPastels.  I set the pastels with spray fixative.  When it was dry I randomly applied texture paste through a Crafters Workshop Mini bubble doily.  I love the texture.

I randomly stamped hearts on the background before putting the layout together.  The photo of Leane shows her sprinkling of freckles.  I used an Afrikaans title which is also a song sang by Sias Reyneke many years ago:  "Sproetjies Liefling" (Freckles sweetheart).  The journaling is also words from the song.
I completed the page by applying a flower and pearl cluster.

Thank you for visiting my blog.
xoxo

28 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, what a lovely photo, I love how you have made the circles from the sketch too.. great texture on the back ground... wonderful take on the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynette, she is gorgeous!!! Such a darling child :)

      And I absolutely started humming that song when I saw your title.

      PS thank you for the LOVELY words on my plett photos!

      Delete
    2. Marcia, I look at her and can't believe my little princess turned 6 yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful layout, Lynette. I love the paper doilies and the textured doilies on the background...they both tie in together so perfectly. The colours and panpastel work is gorgeous too. And I agree...what better way to spend women's day! Wish we had such a day in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooo gorgeous!!! LOVING that photo, the colors, and those doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A charming photo! and the amazing work, love the combination of pattern and texture of paper napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable page! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World this August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used doilies for the circles! Your page has a beautiful softness to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Lynette!! Love those soft blended colors, the die cuts, and the large photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette ... This page is absolutely gorgeous. Years ago I did a page of Connor as he had the most gorgeous freckles ... My quote was "A face without freckles is like a night without stars!"

    I also spent the day scrapbooking with Alison ~ We had a wonderfully gentle day.

    I think I am going to book some time with you and come for a lesson on using the texture paste ... you do that so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now wouldn't that be grand. Sometimes I wish we could just time travel...."beam me up Scotty". :-P

      Delete
  9. Such an adorable page Lynette! I love her face and those beautiful freckles. Your background work on this is amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely background you've created, and with that lovely photo, the result-an amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page is absolutely beautiful, Lynette! First of all, I just LOVE that beautiful photo! Leane's face shines with happiness. Secondly, your background is simply amazing - I have been wanting to purchase some pan pastels, and I think I am off to get some after I do my blog thing this morning! And your song lyrics and journaling are so meaningful! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful page! so soft and so very pretty! thank you very much for sharing your work with us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH how pretty, Lynette!! The colors are so lovely and your subtle masking is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a gorgeous page!! Love your mixed media background, doilies and cheerful colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool is it that your granddaughter is celebrating her birthday on Women's day.
    Love the scrapbooking project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a soft and gorgeous page Lynette! Love the photo and the title is perfect for this pretty girlie! The song words are so apt! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! I love the softer colors and the bold photo of your GD, she's a cutie!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! You are doing do much with the paste. I bought some stencils and would love to try this to add some depth to my layouts.

    Thanks for interpretation. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just fantastic Lynette! Thank you so much for joining us again. This is so WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colours of this page are just so lovely, what a great choice! Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty layout! Love the pastel colors. Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful, I love the wording of the song ... I remember hearing that song in a movie once and went and looked it up on you-tube.... it is wonderful to incorporate such. Love your layout Lynnette.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful page! I love the layered texture and the colors melting into each other! Also, when I first saw the photo it looks so much like me when I was a little girl, I had to take another glance to make sure it wasn't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable layout. Thanks for playing along at SATW this month !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥