Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Make every moment count - Scrap Africa - Pink Paislee 365 degrees

It is time for the mid month challenge on Scrap Africa.  The challenge  is hosted by Kerryn and the challenge is to use the colour scheme of blue, green and white, with more than 1 photo.  Here is the layout I created for the challenge.  I have recently discover the magic of Panpastels and this layout's background is made using this stunning medium.

Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned papers: Pink Paislee 365 degrees; felt and button embellishments: Basic Grey; Trim and twine: from stash; Pearls: Prima; Title: Silhouette; Other: Texture Paste and PanPastels.

 The title is a Project Life card cut on the Silhouette. I matted some embossed cardstock behind the photos.
 I love how the trim and the twine trim echos the waves.  

 I love how smoothly the PanPastels can be applied and how well it shades.  I sprayed a fixative over the background to set the pastels.

To create some definition I drew lines around the edges of the photos.

Here is a picture to use for inspiration on this challenge:

Kerryn has generously offered 2 super prize packages, for 2 random winners.  Check out these yummy scrap goodies.



And if that isn't enough inspiration to play along, here is another package up for grabs.




1 chippie border
1 mirrored embellishment
1 mini album including mini papers inside the album
1 large gem butterfly embellishment
1 packet of brads and rhinestones
1 alphabet sticker sheet
1 chipboard sticker sheet
1 paper sticker sheet
1 acrylic stamp set
1 mini day book including papers, embellishments inside the album
1 fabric sticker pack
1 chipboard banner kit
12 sheets of paper

So 3 packages up for grabs!! We really hope you will play along! ;-) 

You have until the 31st August to upload your entries.

21 comments:

  1. Ah, this is gorgeous. You are so clever and talented my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the dots, and that title is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen at MomAgain@40August 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM

    Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS layout as always Lynette! I love the photos and also how everything works so beautifully together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout. Yes, I love how the twine and trim look like waves, too! I thought that as soon as I saw your gorgeous page. I especially love how you scrapped these amazing photos. I hope that I have some time to participate in this wonderful challenge. You ROCKED it! (I have not purchased pan pastels yet, but feel like I need some now!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lynette!! You mixed the Blue and Green perfectly and it is a great color combo with the beach photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous beach page, Lynette. Love your mixed media background and gorgeous trims! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning layout! Amazing colours - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the overall blue colors you have used in this project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Lynnete! Interesting photo! really liked the wave of waxed cord!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos and title! I also like the wavy trim and stacked round embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous layout! Love all of the texture, colors, and the fact that the trim echos the waves in the photo......awesome! Love the layering & the outline around the photos. Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous layout. fab photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing creation Lynette, love the colour combo and of course the stunning photo's. You've reminded me that I have some felt in my stash that needs some airing! Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog and I miss you at SNS. Hope you are doing ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Lynette! This layout is truly a work of art! I love the background and all your little details!! And of course, the photos are stunning :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!! really gorgeous layout!! love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great page Lynette....really love this page! Love the background, the styling and the super photo's! Just stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is AMAZING simply amazing friend, I love everything about it! The colors are totally fab, so is the design, and all the elements!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness this is one stunning page!!! Fantastic Lynette!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Magnificent layout, and a really gorgeous take on the Scrap Africa sketch Lynnette. The photos are so beautiful ...can imagine the fun he had that day. You are an inspiration, as I have a pack of pan-pastels I have yet to touch, (shame on me) but I just love the background you have achieved, so thank you for the inspiration to use mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥