Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Go.See.Do - Scrap Africa - Basic Grey Serenade

It is the beginning of August.  Unbelievable!  I am starting to believe the saying: "Life is like a toilet roll...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.  Anyhow,  it is time for the next Scrap Africa sketch challenge.  Please visit the blog to see the amazing work done by die design team.  Here is my take on Evgenia's sketch:

Supplies used:  Cardstock for matting:  Bazzill; Patterned paper:  Basic Grey Serenade; Honeycomb background overlay:  cut with Silhouette Cameo;  Stencil: The Crafters Workshop; Bling: Prima; Flowers: Prima; Bridge: Prima.  Other:  Texture paste and acrylic paints.

Some close up views:
I spread the texture paste through the stencil over the honeycomb overlay.  It moved a bit and smudged a bit...and I decided it was all part of the artistic process.

A little cluster.  I used a little bling vine that has been in my stash like forever, some prima flowrs and loose pearls and bling.

I must admit that thinking up titles are getting more and more difficult.  I used the alpha that came with the Basic Grey Serenade paper kit and an Ingvild Bolme bridge.

Here is Evgenia's sketch:
So what's up for grabs??  We have our super prize from Fabscraps.

Thanks again to Fabscraps for providing us with some giveaway goodies.

FabScraps




Well we hope that you will play along with us!
You have until 14 August.


28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Lynette...love evrything about it! Super background and details and an awesome photo of you! Love this page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty. Love the colours and of course the gorgeous pic of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull!!
    Love your toilet roll quote! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous sketch and your layout is wonderful, I love the little bridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooooo gorgeous!!!! I love love love the hexagons, the flowers and the bridge!! And LOL to the toilet paper comment... SO TRUE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo of you, Lynette! And your layout is just as gorgeous...love the overlay with the textured template work, as well as your beautiful cluster. Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photo Lynette, and the layout is gorgeous!! The modeling paste with the text mask turned out great and I love that you layered it over the hexagon die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeeeee that colour on you! Gorgeous photo and that textured paste is so cool - I would love to "mess" with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS thanks for taking off the comment verification!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realised how much I hate it and then decided I didn't want to do it to anybody else :-P

      Delete
  10. Stunning photo and page, Lynnette. And thanks for the giggle about the toilet paper quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous layout and I am super stoked you just let the smidge go and went with it! We need to do more of that don't we, letting go!! Glad you are we friend!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS layout Lynette. You look amazing in the colour ~ Love the photo of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Lynette ... as I mentioned on facebook, love the layout (and I must echo Marcias comment - love that colour on you).

    Guess what - you won my Tissue Oil Giveaway!! Please mail me your postal address so that I can get your prize in the mail a.s.a.p.

    Have a fabulous day
    Wendy
    Simply Sassy Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, that is awesome news.

      Delete
  14. LOL, life is like a toilet roll ... gotta remember that (it's sooooo true!).
    Loving your page very very much!! and that blue color really suits you! awesome photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette, this is a brilliant take on the sketch. Your photo works perfectly x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful design Lynette. Its a gorgeous photo of you too.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this layout Lynette! It just pops right out on the Scrap Africa blog! Gorgeous photo of you and I love the title. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your take on the sketch, and the lovely photograph of yourself. Love the toilet paper quote, oh how true that is ... can relate to how fast the years are flying on by. Your title is fabulous... when I get stuck for titles, I sometimes look at quotes and pick parts which are meaningful to me....

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I am blown away by your beautiful page, Lynette! I love that photo and how you used the sketch! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful layout, Lynette!! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely layout! Glad you are really embracing your artistic side with the stenciling and mediums!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning layout, Lynette!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that little bridge in your scrapbook. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥