Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Baba Boetie Nefie - My Minds Eye - Find your wings and Fly

My favourite scrapbook paper company is My Minds Eye.  So I am playing along with the August sketch challenge on their blog.  Here is the layout I made using the sketch:
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Find your wings and fly); Brads and stickers: My Minds Eye; Arrow: Studio Calico; Title: Silhouette Cameo; Other: Texture paste and a Crafters Warehouse stencil.

This is the sketch....I turned it once clockwise to suit my photo.

I cut this title with my Silhouette Cameo and backed it with brown scrapbook paper.  It is the Afrikaans title: Baba Boetie Nefie...translated it reads "baby brother cousin".  My grandchildren are so close that they might as well have been siblings.  When Bianca came home with Stefan they immediately wanted to meet their "baby brother".

The colour combination  of this range of papers are gorgeous.  I added some glossy accents to the little brown tiles at the bottom of the page to give it some dimension.
I also added some texture to the background with some texture paste and a stencil.

Thank you for looking and have a lovely weekend.

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo... awww!
    Lynette, love your take on the sketch and all the beautiful layers with hints of sweet embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo... awww!
    Lynette, love your take on the sketch and all the beautiful layers with hints of sweet embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is so very precious. You can see the close relationship between them and a perfect title. You totally rocked this paper and sketch. Love your added dimension!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout & photo! I do agree that MME have such awesome stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the photo is beautiful and I love the closeness of your family... wonderful take on the sketch, so many lovely little touches to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors, the layers and that sweet, precious photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lynette! I like the collaged feel of this sweet page. You must have spent a long time cutting out those tiles. They look great. A labor of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful page! Gorgeous photo and i love the colour choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you scrapped this sweet photo, Lynette!! The different patterns and layers are so pretty, and your really bring the focus to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the detail! Very beautiful, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as usual Lynette!

    By the way, I sent you an email right after your comment on the bargain box post, ! didn't hear back from you, wonder if it went to the spam box?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful memory which you have honoured in amazing detail. Again ... you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely awesome!!! Love your layering! A perfect work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a wonderful photo! charming grandchildren!!! beautiful, multilayered! Gorgeous page Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of beautiful layers and gorgeous photo as usual (are you the photographer in your family?) Thanks for your comments on my blog and I am experimenting with my scrapping at the moment so there may be a few trial pages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layering and the colours are just great. Love your style, it has developed so much and each layout is making me want to go and do my next page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a touching photograph, pure beauty in this layout ... I also use pencils on my stencils, it makes for a nice tone. Your layout is beautiful Lynnette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥