Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

30 days of gratitude


DAY 7:  I am so thankful for fantastic blogging buddies that have become "in real life" friends.  Let's face it nobody understand us like we understand each other.  So many people really don't get the friendships that are formed through this wonderful medium...and they don't even know what they are missing.  Thank you for your words of encouragement, your unconditional acceptance and your words of affirmation.


DAY 8:  Today is our 15th birthday celebration at the Mission.  If you are new to my blog, you can read more about our calling and the thing that we call our day job HERE.  In these past 15 years thousands of people in dire need have come through our gates and many have moved on to better futures.  I cannot explain how much it means when you know, that you are right where God have called you to.  I am so thankful that when He calls He equips and He sustains.  Many times when we were at the end of our strength He stepped in and saved the day.   If you don't believe in miracles I invite you to visit the Mission.  A year ago we came so close to being forced to close the Mission and then He came through, MOVED THE MOUNTAIN and saved the day yet again. (You can read about that here.)   Today I am SOOOO grateful that He has His hand over this ministry.



DAY 9:  We have 14 new families that moved into the huge old palm tree outside our bedroom window.  I can sit for hours and watch the weavers come with long strands of greenery and weave it into that perfect nest that is blueprinted in their nature.  Just last week I watched the same weaver trying to build a nest that was pulled apart by his mate three times before she was happy that he was getting it right...how is that for being hen pecked?  Today I am grateful that I wake up to birdsong every morning.


DAY 10:   I am grateful that we live on the coast.  After our Drakensberg vacation in April I am now even more certain that I am a girl that needs to be close to the sea water.  I love it that we can decide to have breakfast with a view and then be there within minutes.

DAY 11:  Today I am thankful for precious time spent with my grandchildren and that we planned our garden to suit the little ones.  

They are growing up way to quickly.

My littlest grandson, Juan...isn't he precious.

Stefan being a cool dude.

DAY12:  I am thankful that we can be so very involved in raising little Stefan.  He does not lack in excellent male role models. He is so very attached to his Oupa.  He always need to touch him ;-)
...and no, he was not in danger of getting hurt in the car whilst being unrestrained.

Just look at that little tootsies.

Are you counting your blessings?
Do you know that most of your blessings cannot be bought?
It is the little things...don't you agree?

xoxo


24 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the pics of your grandkids and CONGRATS to you and Kobus of 15 faithful years of service in a very difficult "mission field"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 15 years along with so many happy blessings!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so important to count our blessings! You have much to be blessed by and thankful for!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to the Mission!! That is WONDERFUL!! I love love love love the photos and your grateful list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Lynette, yes, we should all be thankful for what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Lovely photos! I am very grateful for what God has blessed me with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I realised you had bigger grandkids - I thought it was just the babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! 15 years with the mission! Now that is wonderful, praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes I count my blessings daily, and I have 5 that are on my mind constantly!! then the circle expands as I think of so many things I am thankful for.. and my friends on the internet are special too as I get to know you all and share the days with you .. I love where you live, I reckon I could live there too.. looks beautiful.. and your family are adorable.. and yes kids grow up so fast these days.. I am yet to have the blessings of grandchildren, but God knows my kids are not in the right place for that yet... And how amazing you are still with your mission, and that will only close when God says so.. may many more people be blessed through this place for many years to come.. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your mission!
    These are all lovely photos and great reasons to be grateful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing from your heart Lynette. You encourage us to focus on gratitude.

    THANK YOU for your comments on my blog. I simply don't get the time to reply but I definitely read and appreciate every comment that you leave for me!

    Hugs, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore this post! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun post and I love those birds!! The nest is soooo amazing! Lucky you having them so close. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post ... I was counting my blessings while reading yours.

    Congratulations on 15 years!!! I pray that God continues to bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Lynette! I rejoice with you! yes, we should all be grateful for what we have! and because it is a great happiness to see how to grow and rejoice grandchildren, is not it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And may God give you strength in your mission.

      Delete
  16. Aaaaw what a lovely post with beautiful photos! I am also very grateful for the online scrapbooking community. I had no idea when I began that it would lead to such a wide support network. I'm also totally with you on living by the sea - absolutely essential!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My gratitude journal is my lifeline all to often in this crazy, messed-up world. And my cup overflows as does yours! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pics, thanks for sharing x
    I have been blessed with 25 years of being happily married to my best friend - my rock - my husband Lee & three healthy children(grown up now) and three beautiful Gran children too x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. How your header and what you write so eloquently here resonate with my last post, Lynette!
    Its where our attention is, that seems to act like a rudder in our lives, isn't it?
    And your decision (as lots of others who have commented) to focus on your blessings has to have a sunny outworking in your lives.
    And the lives of those around you.
    Huge congrats on the 15 years at the Mission: only God knows how you guys have stood firm in the face of many challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so enjoy reading your blogs and I reference my blog contacts as my blog friends. Indeed you have many things to be thankful for and the grandchildren are precious!

    Tonight I finished celebrating our granddaughter's 17th birthday. She started her senior year on high school today. We are blessed as she was diagnosed with thryroid cancer that had spread to brain and lungs. No signs the tumors were in her brain (miracle). She has some damaged lung tissue and they know small area to watch in original thyroid location but look where she is today. She is a beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You truly are blessed! And the most wonderful thing of all is that you recognize all the sweet blessings in your life :) Congrats on 15 years at the Mission!
    Joanne xo
    p.s. did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome Lynette....Congrats on the 15th birthday of the mission...I am sure that it has been a blessing to many,many people, including yourself! Many more blessings sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge congratulations Lynnette.... what you do is amazing, and thanks to you and the others .... you make a difference to so many lives. Loved reading your post, and understanding a lot more of what you do, and about you .... and the photographs, made me smile. I'll 2nd Denise's words, and wish you many many blessings .....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥