Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What a View - Sketch Week - Basic Grey Serenade

I am very blessed to announce that I will be taking part in Allison Davis' Sketch Week every month from now on.  If you haven't used Scrapbook Generation sketches before...you will want to check out what they have available.  I love using sketches as it takes a lot of work out of deciding what to do on a layout.  This month this is the sketch we will be working with.  You can download the free full sketch at the Scrapbook Generation online store.


I love doing two double page layouts for events and in instances where there is too many photos to do single pages.  I decided to scrap the photo that we took during our weekend at the Teniqua Treetops in February.

Here is the completed layout:
Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: Basic Grey Serenade; Title: Fabscraps; Mini alphas: Simple Stories; Banner and stickers: Basic Grey Serenade; Flowers: Prima; Bling: Prima.


Variation 1:  Instead of the three small photos on the left side, I used 2 3.5x4 inch photos.  I also matted them on black paper.


Variation 2:  My background pieces were adjusted for my larger photos. Instead of 9.25 I made the pieces 10 inches tall and also slightly wider.  The title is chipboard that I first painted with Pearl Acrylic paint and then used alcohol inks to get the colour the way I wanted it.

Variation 3:  Instead of using stars as embellishments.  I used a banner on the left side with some stickers, a bird and flowers and on the right side with flowers, a journal spot and another little bird.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  I would love to see your take on this sketch.
xoxo

31 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely - gorgeous title too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the 'tabs' down the side. Beautiful my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the 'tabs' down the side. Beautiful my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Such lovely details. I have looked at it three times and still see something new. GREAT job and thanks for sharing! Smiles ~ Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock the two pagers like nobody's business!!! Love it and way to go on being on the team!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Was excited to see that you used the Serenade collection by Basic Grey- I just used this collection for a couple of layouts and really loved how they came out. Will definitely be using it with this sketch now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design Lynette. Definitely a very tranquil destination you were at. Love the little flags on the left.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is one fab two pager! love all the photos you got on there and all the details, really nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! How do you sew the bunting on? I am too scared to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, this was purchased pre sewn. I have however made bunting like that and then I stick down each flag and then use my stitching template to punch holes through the paper and then back stitch through the holes. You get the same affect.

      Delete
  10. Awesome two pager Lynette! And those photos are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for introducing me to Scrapbook Generation! I have been doing more two page layouts and your is truly inspirational! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Lynette, familiar photos! great to get a a reversal, albeit without much technology - all the attention on the photo. Flags wonderful look. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irina. I always wonder if people who read my blog don't get bore seeing the photos I post and then seeing them scrapped :-P

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos & beautiful layout & design. Love the flowers & the shimmering paint on your chipboard title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE it Lynette!! Awesome job with Allison's sketch and I love the cute Cameo cut title! And the mix of banner pennants is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love the photos, the colors and the banner on the side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layout Lynette. Definitely one worth scrap lifting!!!! Your work is an absolute inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You not just make one beautiful page, you got 2 of them there, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layout - you're surely creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette, I'm so thrilled you will be doing layouts/sketches with Allison again!!

    This layout is gorgeous, love the colors. I love those pictures of you and hubby, they fit this sketch perfectly. The banner along the side is fun and pretty bird/flowers.

    You have a natural talent for scrapping and mixing colors my friend!! CONGRATS and enjoy sketch week again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous double page and great photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. and what a layout! this is a wonderful double pager, and it looks beautiful.. what gorgeous photos too..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Lynette! I love the banners on the side, really adds to your layout! Gorgeous pictures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great use of the sketch. Like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful version of Allison's sketch.....love the banners & elements and gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love what you did with this sketch, gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  26. terrific layout and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your double layout, it is so full of beauty and I adore how you did the banner and the mini alpha's.... gorgeous photographs too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super double pager....love that chippie....is so super! Gorgeous photo's too...great photo's always make for great pages! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥