Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Our Cape Town weekend - Old Biscuit Mill and Woodstock

On Saturday morning Wynand woke us with a delicious cup of coffee and the firm command to move our butts. It was raining outside and our plans of the Great Red Bus Tour was shelved.  We decided to visit the Old Biscuit Mill instead.

Our first visit...and boy was it packed with people.

At first I thought...ag nee...just another market.

My darling man admiring the flowers.

I was blown away by all the foods of the world that was available here...and we did our first round and found a table to eat.

Freshly ground coffee...yummy!

After we had something to eat we went around to see what we could see...and there were sights that you would never see in Port Elizabeth...really.

A quick wine tasting and Nadia playing the hostess.

Please take note of the blackboard....all the saying in this store had us in stitches.

Time for a second round at the food tables...swarma and delectable custard tartlets.

The rain started coming down in buckets by the time we left.  We decided to do a tour of the infamous Woodstock streets.

The houses remind me a bit of the ones across the Donkin Reserve in Port Elizabeth.

This is a poverty stricken area of Cape Town and I can see all sorts of deals going down here. The residents have elected to beautify their area in their own unique way.

We saw some amazing murals.

Some zombies?

A lot of the people here must have such amazing artist talent

LOL!  No eating indeed!

We then drove down to the V&A Waterfront.  A visit to Cape Town without a visit to the Waterfront just isn't on.

Looking deep into each others eyes.

I didn't get to go for a ride on the big wheel.  The weather was just too miserable for that.

We then left to go and get ready for the big SKOUSPEL.  It was an amazing show.  Nearly four hours of entertainment...we walked out with out minds made up.  We would book again for next year and this could just become an annual event.

xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!!! Looks like a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynette,

    What a fabulous day. I haven't been to the Cape in years and the last time I headed up there I did not even get near the V&A Waterfront which was disappointing.

    Love the photos and thanks for sharing with us.

    Hope you having a wonderful day
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I havent been to the biscuit mill in ages, I think I may have to make a plan to get there soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great photos Lynette!! Love those murals you photographed!! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What absolute fun :) Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos with us ... I have only been to Cape Town once in my life and the V&A wasn't there then. I LOVE the murals you photographed and also the photo of you and K looking deep into each other's eyes ... tells a whole story on it's own!!! You are both an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love market place, take me along!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like a wonderful time.. great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photos Lynette...looks like a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can tell you had a great time. Lovely photos too, and I especially love the one with you and your darling gazing into each others eyes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the one of you gazing into each other's eyes - the kids must love that ;)

    And the big wheel with those beautiful grey skies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, K and I have always been very affectionate in public...and my boys are just the same with their wives...that makes me smile ;-)

      Delete
  12. All of those market photos made my mouth water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab photos!!! I love the zebra mural!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lynette, what a feast is that market place ... it looks amazing. I don't think I have ever seen one like this anywhere. The food looks amazing, and that sign had me in stitches laughing too... I wonder who came up with that slogan! LOL The photograph of you and your hubby is a beautiful one ..... thank for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This market looks like so much fun :) I wouldn't have mind to visit it myself. Ek hou van die foto waar jy manlief van agter af druk. Ek doen dit ook met my man :) Dis die lekkerste drukkies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weet jy wat is die lekkerste vir my Marleen? Om te sien dat my seuns net so "touchy feely" met hulle vrouens is soos wat ek en my man is.

      Delete
  16. Oh I just LOVE Cape Town! Best holiday destination in South Africa!! Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic and tiring time there!! The only thing I dislike (apart from the wind obviously) is the fact that everything is always so full and busy there. Over December it's a waste of time...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like an amazing day out. :-)
    Now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photo's Lynette and yes, Cape Town is an amazing place..has some gorgeous sites! I must remember the Old Biscuit Mill, must make a turn there when we are again in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really think Biscuitmill must be one of the very best SA markets.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I should be ashamed....as a local I have never visited the Old Biscuit Mill...but your pics have lit a fire in me and will go next month for sure. I am awe-struck by the beauty of the artwork in lower Woodstock, sjoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥