Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Delightful - Scrap Africa - Basic Grey Serenade

We got back from our trip to Cape Town late yesterday afternoon.  It was 3 days of GO.GO.GO. and I need a holiday after all of that...or maybe my age is catching up with me.  I have 112 unread blog posts in my reader and will start catching up with my reading tonight.  I will also share the photos we took of our weekend away later this week.

It is time for the monthly Scrap Africa challenge.  Marelize is hosting the challenge this month.  The challenge she decided on was that you are to create a background with a patchwork effect.  I chose this photo of Dewan that was taken during a family photo shoot in February.  I decided that the colours of the photo will go well with the Basic Grey Serenade range of paper.  I used a lot of my scraps to cut hexagons and this was the result:
 Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Basic Grey Serenade; Badge, flower layers and brads:  Basic Grey Serenade: Rub on: Kaiser Scrapbook; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Title: Silhouette.
 I matted the photo and the background paper on cardstock to make it stand out.  I inked around all the hexagons.
I completed the layout by sewing a frame around the edges.

We have a really great prize for you today! Check out these amazing washi tapes.



It is 6 rolls of different black and white prints.





 and a 2nd prize from Evgenia:


We hope that you are truly inspired by these super projects and will play along with us.
You have until the 31st July.

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the hexagons and that sweet, precious photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is awesome Lynette! I love that you have used hexagons for the challenge and the photo is so sweet. Great title too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page ... well done. I LOVE washi tape!!! One of the nicest things that has come out recently in the scrapping world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing page Lynette!! Love that sweet photo and the way you used the hexagons in the background to create the patchwork pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this layout is delightful indeed! Love the hexagons and how good are they for using the scraps up.. beautiful photo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo so much! You created a beautiful layout using it and the current challenge! I really like the colors, your patchwork effect, and your entire design! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delightful page, in every way Lynette! Everything is super duper! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything pops on your page, totally cute!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout!! Love the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww..... precious!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pffft my 3rd comment on this post - hmmmmpffffff....What a beautiful photo & gorgeous b layout - love!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! A very sharp layout....the hexagons, title and sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable little cutie and such a gorgeous grin. Lynette I love what you've done with the layout and especially the inking of the edges on the hexagon shapes as it finishes the page beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the contrast and all the details on you LO, Lynette! those pretty eyes just pop up at you - adorable! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. This child is absolutely gorgeous and those eyes are totally captivating!! Beautifully, beautifully done Lynette!x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can never get washi tape to look nice in a layout, so you have definitely inspired me to attempt using this product again. Gorgeous layout and what a cute little man in the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥