Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Days like these are what make life sweet - Simple Stories

We are leaving for Cape Town this evening with a sleepover in Mossel Bay.  I booked tickets for us to go to Skouspel in January and the time has come.  Yes, I do love GOOD Afrikaans music and I love the glitz and glamour that goes with Skouspel.  We were fortunate to get seats a few rows from the front.  Wynand and Nadia will be going with us and we have booked our accommodation on the beachfront at Blouberg Strand. The weekend is short and we are going to be making the most of it.  Saturday we will be going to the V&A Waterfront to start the Red Bus Route...oh yes...we are going to be tourists in our own country ;-)  I can't wait.  Sunday morning we are going on a Wine Route and will possibly have lunch on a Wine Estate.  If anybody in Cape Town wants to join us on our journey you are more than welcome...you might just end up somewhere you have never been :-D  We will be driving back to Port Elizabeth on Monday morning.

Now let me share a layout with you that I made yesterday.

The moment I saw the photos of Lukas playing in the mud...I knew just how I wanted to scrap it.  I started digging through my stash for these papers from the Simple Stories Summer range.  It was so much fun to just scrap for the fun of it.

Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: Simple Stories Summer; Title: Silhouette Cameo; Arrows: Studio Calico; Mask: The Crafters Workshop: Other: Texture paste and acrylic paint.

Since I downloaded this title cut for the Silhouette, I have been wanting to use it.  But first I stenciled some turquoise and yellow acrylic paint mixed with texture paint onto the background paper.  I love how the colours mixed and made the soft green in places.

 I cut the sun, cloud and kite from other Simple Stories papers.  The photos got lost on the background so I matted it on aqua cardstock.
  
I have been slow to start with wet mediums...but I simply love the texture and colour on the background.

Have a lovely weekend.
xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Those photos were screaming to be scrapped! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that muddy face photo as well. They do scream scrapping for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful, great memories in those photos, and I love the cut title!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh this is gorgeous!! I love love love love those photos, the title and loveeeeeeeee that background you created!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend ahead! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE when you post your grandkids' layouts - they're my favourite because they seem to "speak to you" in a different way!

    ENjoy Cape Town and your Afr music!

    I hope our weather is good in Plett too although I don't really care - I just want a BREAK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time in CT, I am sorry that I will miss you, would have loved to connect. We are flying to England tomorrow evening. Hope you enjoy your show and that the weather remains fabulous for your bus tour - you might need sunscreen. 24C today and fair skins still get burnt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather seriously sucked and we didn't get to do the bus tour. Next time maybe.

      Delete
  8. Where exactly will you be? Would love to see you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I would have loved to see you to. The weekend was so choc-a-block that I didn't get to see anybody from Cape Town. Hopefully we will be doing a longer trip soon and we can have a meet up.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow I love your background! What a fabulous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you scrapped these photos Lynette, and awesome use of the Simple Stories! The long Cameo title looks great on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my gosh, how cccuuutee!!! LOVE this page, your background work is fantastic!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lynette,

    So happy your going away this weekend, have a great time!! I'm sure you will get lots of pictures to share with us!! I've always wanted to tour around our state, so much that I haven't seen and I've lived here almost 44 years.

    WOW WOW WOW, that layout is sooooo awesome!! It's so nice to see you painting and scrapping together, looks great Lynette!! The pictures and goodies on the page really make this happy. That title ROCKS!!!
    Love seeing how fun your pages always are, natural scrapper is what you are.

    Take care and enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I were spending the weekend with you ... sounds like a lot of fun!!!

    I LOVE your page ... I am going to do a bit of a dabble with the wet medium ... going to Scrap-a-doodles tomorrow to look at a Silhouette and will look for the paint stuff at the same time.

    Enjoy your weekend ... can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, we had loads of fun...and now I need a holiday.

      Delete
  14. Awww.... I just love that smile on his face, so precious!!!!
    What an amazing layout. I love that background, those happy dots, and all the details too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see that you are having wonderful weekend, Lynette! enjoy it and drive home safely!
    your LO is too cute - full of sunshine and happiness! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FAB page! You are doing wonderfully with your wet mediums and that title cut is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun photos! And I hope you are enjoying your weekend in Cape Town, though the weather has been a little damp;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the impact that the big title makes! Hope you're having a nice weekend trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a good trip and enjoy being a tourist :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just awesome!! Love the background and the large title!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome!! The background looks gorgeous and how you have coloured it.... what a great photograph too, and what fun he must have had. The title, really looks fabulous. Must do some big ones myself, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥