Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A beach walk...cycle?

To celebrate a sunshiny day after a week of grey skies and cold weather, I want to share these photos of another sunshiny day spent with some of our favourite little people.
As you know we regularly have sleepovers with our grandbabies.  A few weeks ago Leane and Dewan spent the night and the Sunday was a glorious winters day.  We decided to take them to the beach front to ride their bicycles.

Leane is very good at riding her bike but Dewan still lacked in confidence.

Oupa gave him a guiding hand and before you know it...he was happily pedaling down the walk way...dodging all the pedestrians.

Gorgeous child...it is seldom that I don't just get a cheesy smile.

Leane is a social butterfly and always makes friends everywhere she goes.
The question was asked: "Ouma kan ons maar nat word".  The answer was obviously NO.

Here they are waiting for ice cream.

This little madam doesn't always listen to what you tell her.  I told her not to go down and look for pebbles and shells until after her ice cream is finished.  She didn't listen and her ice cream ended up in the sand.

 He was quick to point out that he listens ;-)

 Picking up pebbles, shells and what not and putting it in Leane's shoe.

 We then took them home and had a lovely oxtail potjie with their parents.  Just look  how Lola uses Rex as a mattress.

xoxox

25 comments:

  1. Great family photos!! LOVING them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing these sweet photos and hearing of your outing! That photo of the pups just makes me smile. Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blogpost Lynette! Super cute photos and love the one of the dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love the beach pics - makes me all nostalgic for the beachfront... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the photographs are fabulous, and what a wonderful time you are having ...AND the dogs, what a giggle that gave me, one atop the other-cute as!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Lynette!! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day...really not bad at all for winter hey? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not just your grandbabies are adorable beyond words, even your dogs are cute as well, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a wonderful day with those lovely photos!! Love the doggie photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos ... I love the one of the dogs. We had a rough collie (looked just like Lassie from the movies) and a cat who adopted us who used to lie on top of Lassie just like your dogs. Brings back wonderful memories of the two of them who are now both in heaven looking after things up there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are truly blessed with some beautiful grandchildren Lynette! That must feel wonderful. I cannot wait till my turn comes, although it seems I'll have to wait for ten more years at least..... But you never know, they might change their minds.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so stunning!!!! Looks like so much of fun!! (and so much scrapbooking fodder :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello friend! It seems every time that I am thinking of you, you always come to my blog and post. I am amazed at how God works that. I haven't been by in a while. So much is going on as you know, but it is an excuse too. I need to make time to connect as you have been on my heart for some time. I don't really know why, but when you pop in to my head I always pray.

    I am thankful for you Lynette, just because you are you!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photies Lynette and what sweeties you have!!! Enjoy it all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you all as a family enjoyed the beautiful weather on the beach. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful photos! thanks for sharing, makes me want to see the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww Lynette I really do love your photos but I don't think I need to tell you which one is my favorite...LOla and Rex..that picture just cracks me up. My sister had a Lab and he was a substitute mattress for three little Min-Pins..never failed to make me laugh but so precious at the same time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like such a great day outside, at the sea, just having fun

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos and memories!
    Love the picture of the dogs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. what beautiful day you had!
    it is very typical: "The question was asked: "Ouma kan ons maar nat word". The answer was obviously NO." - that's exactly what would happen with our kids if they would be with their ouma. she always tells me that my kids are very well mannered and obedient. when they are with us they don't ask this type of questions, they just get wet. But un-like their ouma we really don't mind most of the time :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaaaw! Gorgeous day out & really, the doggies sleep like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dewan is too cute love the pic of him indulging ouma and the dogs just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥