Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Weekend Fun

We had a busy, busy weekend.  On Saturday it was my youngest grandson's 1st birthday.
Time passes way too quickly...and very soon my babies will be all grown.  I try to make as much as possible with the time I have with them.  I believe that relationships with them are build from when they are very small.  K and I always want to be an important part of our little ones lives.

He doesn't know anything about blowing out the candle yet...but he wanted to touch the flame.

Here is a photo of all my little ones with Kobus and Lache.  As you can imagine it is very difficult to get them to all look at the camera at the same time.  It is even more difficult getting a photo where one of them aren't acting the clown.  After the party all of them (except for Juan) came home with us.  Kobus and Lache went on a date and Leane and Dewan came to stay over with Ouma and Oupa.  There is no way that Lukas will allow that to happen if he cannot be part of the fun....so he decided to come too.

I thought of you Laura and your recent blog post.  On Saturday evening K and I was watching the rugby and the three little ones were watching CBeebies in my bedroom.  At a stage I went to check on them and it was total chaos.  My bed was stripped bare from all the linens and duvets and toys, clothes and books were strewn over the entire bedroom floor.  It seems that I haven't learned the valuable lesson yet...and left them with out supervision too long.  I made them some pink melkies (strawberry milk) and put them to bed in my bed again.  A while later we transferred all three to the big bed in our guest room and were thankful that we did not have to deal with "who wants to sleep in the middle". 

Sunday morning we were woken very early as these little ones "needed their morning coffee".  The cold weather has really hit us this weekend and here you can see the four of them cuddling together under a blanket in front of the television (like little angels)...watching Cbeebies.

Kobus and Lache had invited themselves for a Sunday lunch and they ordered their favourite meal, lamb shanks on mash.  I started cooking early and I must admit the meal was delicious.
If you want the recipe...let me know.

This is what a face looks like after eating Ouma's chocolate pudding ;-)

Yesterday afternoon I took Bianca to her neurologist.  She has been having "lightning bolt" like headaches that leaves her dizzy.  She hasn't had a MRI since she was diagnosed with epilepsy 8 years ago.  The neuro is concerned about the headaches and have managed to get her an appointment for a MRI this afternoon. despite the Radiologists being fully booked for the next two weeks.  I am a tad worried....but trusting that what ever is causing the headaches will be remedied by adjusting her medication.

Talk again soon.
xx

20 comments:

  1. Stunning family photos!
    Hope it is not something serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of a special day.. and I hope you can find out more about these head aches.. may God bring healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that B's MRI shows what's wrong... I loveeeeeeee the photos!! Those little ones are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! Happy Birthday to your grandson! Dinner sounds great!! (yum) I will be thinking and praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh yummy food - you're such a hospitable gran :)

    Your family is just gorgeous and yes, impossible to get kid pics of everyone looking good and in the same direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lucas! A lovely family! Wonderful grandchildren! All to be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my mother and I are very similar. Thank you so much Lynette!

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear this about Bianca! I do hope that it all gets sorted out & is easily remedied!! Looks like an awesome birthday bash & those kids sure get a fun time staying with you - both they and their parents are so blessed to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute photos of the grandchildren Lynette!! I hope yoir daughter can get some relief from her headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a beautiful day with your family... and such little cuties they are. Hoping and praying that Bianca has no set-backs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure you enjoy your little fellows, they are just adorable. The lamb looks yummy. And I hope Bianca will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet is that face with Ouma's chocolate pudding :)
    Geluk met jou kleinseun se verjaarsdag en jy is baie geseend met so 'n nageslag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos as always. Nothing as precious as having your loved ones with you.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos. You look too young to be a granny already!!!!

    Praying for good results from the MRI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing photos of your sweet grandchildren. Must have been a fun weekend. Best wishes for B. Hope they get a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet Lynette and so wonderful that you can have these awesome family times! Happy Birthday to your grandson! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing you sweet photos.....families are so precious! DH & I are heading to see our daughters and their families tomorrow, most important is our time with our beautiful granddaughter, Ava, the light of my life.

    Praying that the results from the MRI are good and the dr only needs to adjust Bianca's meds. I have taken medication for years for what the neurologist says is a seizure pattern, no epilepsy, but don't stop taking your meds. Hugs & good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely happy moments and pictures! SO glad all went well with the scan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to your grandson! Your family looks lovely!! Hoping for a good result from the MRI! Big hug to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have my hands full keeping one little angel from causing total chaos, so hats off to you!

    Thar lamb shank looks delicious...yes please, recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥