Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

To Bianca on your 24th birthday

 Today my baby turns 24 and I can't believe it.

Happy birthday Bokkie.  It feels like yesterday when we saw you for the first time.  You were only six months and your dad and I fell head over heels in love with you. When you were only 16 months old our dream came true and you became part of our family.  The trip down to Cape Town to fetch you were endless.  

You brightened our lives with your love and your laughter and became the sunshine in our lives. It wasn't all moonlight and roses and as much as we tried to shelter you from hurt and cover you with love....the pain of rejection lurked below the surface and became a monster that wanted to devour you when became a teen.  Those were such immensely difficult years for all of us. Suddenly you didn't want our love anymore and couldn't bear to be touched.  You rebelled against everything we stood for...even throwing your Bible in the dirt bin. 

Then one morning we awoke to a room stripped bare of all your belongings.  You were gone and we had no idea where and why. You were on a road to self destruct and we were powerless to stop it.  All we could do is trust the One who created you to keep you safe and bring you home.  Then more than a year later the telephone call. "Mom, I am pregnant.  I want to come home."  There we were, 21 years later making a trip to Cape Town, again to fetch you. This time under such vastly different circumstances.  I thank God for our little peace child that centered your life and made you choose life.  I thank God for keeping you safe and bringing you home.  You are such an amazing mommy to Stefan and your love for him shines through your entire being.  I am so proud to be your mamma.

xx

This is what I spent my weekend making as a gift for Bianca, she will be hanging it above her bed.:
I still need to add some Marilyn Monroe quotes...but my computer and printer aren't friends at the moment and don't want to communicate :-P
Supplies: 18x24 inch canvas; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye, Making Memories, Narratives; Flowers: Prima; Bling swirl: Prima; Pebbles: Prima;  Butterflies: Prima; Other: The Crafters Workshop, Studio Calico mists, acrylic paint and texture paste.

I mixed some yellow acrylic paint into the texture paste before applying it through the stencil.

These Prima butterflies have been in my stash forever.

The flower cluster and page pebbles on the one....

....and on the other.

Have a wonderful day.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous Lynette, I love them.

    Happy Birthday to Bianca, hope she has an awesome day which I'm sure you will ensure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy Bday top Bianca. These are stunning - a treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter and to you for having the privilege to witness 24 years of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your DD, may God continue to guide and bless her.. and the canvases are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to B!!! She is such a beautiful woman!! I absolutely loveeeeeeee the canvasses you made for her ... they are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an endearing tribute to a wonderful daughter who are so blessed with you as parents. Happy Birthday B!
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Bianca! What beautiful canvases!! Love how you used the mesh tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Bianca!!!

    Lynette this message is so powerful and I pray that she realises what special parents God gave her.

    The canvasses are absolutely beautiful and I can see how much of your heart went into them. You are a very special person and an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Your words to her are profound and so very moving. Happy, Happy Birthday to B and congrats to you and K. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Biance - hope the day was fabulous.

    Lynette - those are just gorgeous. I adore Marilyn.

    Hugs to you on this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Bianca! Keep on Dreaming come true! The perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your daughter Lynette, and the canvas is such a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww.... what a beautiful post! Happy birthday to your sweet Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post & stunning canvasses. Hope Bianca's dreams all come true. You are a stunning mother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette............it is AMAZING!!! well done. i am sure she will love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful love story! Unconditional love existed and you never gave up hope. You are all blessed. Happy Birthday to Bianca.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally STUNNING canvases!!! I love them so much! I am a HUGE MM fan! She's my favourite movie star ever! That series of photos by Milton Greene are just stunning and the second one you used is my personal favourite! Amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely :) Happy happy to your Bianca xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, to your Bianca and what a lovely gift!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous piece of art! I especially love the flower border below Marilyn's photo. I'm sure your daughter loves this present.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥