Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

So Happy - Sketch N Scrap - Basic Grey Serenade

I have submitted my last layout as part of the Sketch N Scrap design team.  Be sure to go and look at the inspiration to be found on this challenge site.

I used two photos of my oldest son, Kobus and his wife Lache, that was taken on a recent family photo shoot.  Here is my layout:

Supply list: Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Basic Grey Serenade.Flowers:  Prima; Pearls and bling: Prima; The background die cut was cut with my Silhouette and then I used a Rollagraph roller stamp to stamp words across the aqua background: Butterfly: K&Co;  Alpha:  American Craft; Happy title: Copper Pressed Petals.

Here you can see more detail.  I love this range by Basic Grey and have been saving it.  For what I don't know.  The colouring of these photos were the perfect opportunity to break the kit out and use it.
Those of you who have been scrapping for a long time probably will remember the copper titles by Pressed Petals.  I still have stacks in my stash...I used a bit of alcohol ink to grunge it up a bit and take away some of the shine.

Brenshevia's sketch for this week, please try and take part in this challenge.

On Wednesday I am going to be part of Allison Davis sketch week.  I am way excited about working with her amazing sketches again.  So come on over on Wednesday to see my interpretation of this months free sketch.

xx

20 comments:

  1. Oh Lynette this is just stunning! You are making me want to cut into my Serenade line and buy a silhouette!!! ;) Can't wait until my no buy challenge is over so I can get one. I almost debated doing a post to ask my readers if they thought buying one now would be a cheat on the challenge. Is it a supply or a tool to help use up existing supplies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that it falls outside the "no buy challenge". It is an awesome tool.

      Delete
  2. Lovely young couple! wonderful page Lynette, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is a stunning page with such precious photos.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page to go with those great photos, Lynette!! Love the Cameo cut pattern in your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the photos and love love love the background design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh such a beautiful page and just love the photos!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Lynette...love everything about it! Love the diecut and the gorgeous details! A definite favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the photos you chose for the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That metallic title is simply awesome! I don't remember those titles & it feels like I've been scrapping forever!! Beautiful photos and stunning paper collection - all in all dang fabulous page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Lynette! Gorgeous pics too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning stunning stunning page Lynette. I am definitely going to copy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous LO, and it is so nice to see your son so happy too...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is really beautiful.. you work with sketches so well.. and I think I still have some of those papers too.. I really need to look for them and use them.. It is no good hoarding them, make room for the newer papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my this is beautiful!!!! The colors are really amazing...everything looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the way that your photographs meld into the papers you have chosen to perfection, this is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning couple, beautiful photos and absolutely gorgeous LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why you love those papers; the colors really are luminous. They go so well with those sweet photos, so I think you made an excellent choice to use them here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥