Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Our weekend in review

Our weekend was not terribly exciting.  On Saturday I spent most of the day making Bianca's birthday gifts. I am very happy with how it turned out...and will share on Wednesday, when my baby turns 24.

Our little grandson Lukas always grabs the chance to spend weekends with us.  On Saturday evening Wynand and Nadia had a date night and Lukas spent the night with us.  Yesterday was a beautiful sunny winters day and we decided to take them to Homeleigh Farm Yard.
 There is some stunning little white lambs and Stefan enjoyed touching it.

 He loved this little pony even more, just his size ;-)

 This horse really wanted some of the mealies in Lukas' hand...hence the looonnng neck.

 The goat sticking his tongue out to the boys.

 Oh yes...and the usual cheesy smile.

 Stefan isn't really into touching the animals yet.

 Much more interested in picking up mealies.

 I wonder when last this little girls hair was brushed....and how long before other children start teasing her.

 Oupa and Lukas went exploring and Stefan followed.

 Running to catch each other.

These three stuck together like glue this weekend.  When Oupa and Lukas went bicycle riding...Stefan cried.  When Lukas left....Stefan cried.  It was so funny when Nadia named them bostik and prestik.

How was your weekend.

24 comments:

  1. Great photos Lynette, and it looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos, love those big fat squishy bunnies!! I have a weakness for bunnies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful weekend! excellent photo!It's great - this attachment cousins​​!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your husband is so adored by Bostik and Prestik :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What surprises me more is that they are not jealous of each other.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos and sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the photos ... the grandkids are so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such lovely photos, looks like a wonderful time together!! and that dear little girl with her hair, perhaps it is so fine it just knots up... but them again you can get sprays to leave in that help with fly away hair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lizzy. There are detangling sprays and special brushes. Shame, little thing she looks like a little wild child.

      Delete
  8. Your photos always make me smile. Love how oupa played with the grandkids :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha-ha! Bostik and Prestik! Very cute!
    Great photo memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute photo's of your grandsons and so awesome that you get to spend so much time with them! Precious times indeed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha @ Bostik and Prestik - love it!
    Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Wow! That girl's hair is wild...it's going to take a fair bit of detangle spray, time and patience to get that sorted out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first started checking out the area for Rasta parents and then found that the parents are very neat and tidy...they have just seemed to have given up on the hair. There is even little pink clips in the front.

      Delete
  12. Bostik and prestik! Very very clever!Looks like a great weekend to me. Oh and that last photo is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai my friend...he always has a child on the hip....my man is a child magnet;-)

      Delete
  13. What lovely photos!!! Looks like much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely weekend snaps! That animal farm looks great!! I have all 4 of my kids home so this weekend was good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy them Helen. I still love the days I have all my chicks and their chicks under my roof.

      Delete
  15. I love the names bostik and prestik and of course they have a wonderful 'medium' to stick to.

    Love the photos ... such a lovely memory of a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun weekend for the kids and grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a nice day out. My son loves to spend time with his grandpa and cousin as well. It must be a guy thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to laugh at the little girls hair. My daughters does that! It seems like almost instantly. We wash, brush condition, spray etc and by the end of the day it looks exactly like that little girls. It is so fine.

    I love the photos of your family. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥