Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just Breathe - Scrap Africa - Pink Paislee Butterfly garden

It is the start of June...can you believe that?  Where has the year gone.  It is time for the monthly sketch reveal over at Scrap Africa.  With all my "away time" I very nearly didn't get time to complete this layout...but here it is.  I used a photo that K took of me when we were at the Waffle House in Ramsgate a few weeks ago.

Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Pink Paislee Butterfly garden; Doily paper: Basic Grey; Flower: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Cardstock diecuts: K and Co; Dimensional butterfly sticker and butterfly charm: Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden; Title: American Crafts and "breathe" cut with Silhouette; Other: Texture paste, acrylic paint and a Crafters Workshop stencil.

Here you can see how I used texture paste mixed with pink and blue acrylic paint and applied through a Crafters Workshop stencil.  The doily behind the flower is by Quickcutz.
I love the way the textured paint peeks through the doily paper.
A little mix of cardstock die cuts by K and Co and the little dimensional sticker butterfly by Pink Paislee.

Here is the sketch by Evgenia Petzer.

We have some wonderful goodies up for grabs, and thanks again to Fabscraps for providing us with some giveaway goodies.

FabScraps




I am also giving away a few goodies.



We hope that you will play along with us, and have a chance to win some of these goodies.
You have until the 14th June.

xx

26 comments:

  1. A relaxing moment :) love the sweet layout and the sweet photo. You look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous details, Lynette...the paint/texture paste looks great, as does the lacey cardstock at the top. Fabo work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful sketch, and I love your layout.. love the lacey paper you have used on the slint.. gorgeous flowers.. I love that dotty mask too... take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the textures and LOVING that photo of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that pic - was it taken the same time the one in your header was taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The header photo was taken in front of the Suntide Hotel in Margate where we were staying.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore this layout Lynette! That doily paper adds the perfect touch and you've created such an amazing background. Just beautiful all over. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Lynette! You always inspire me with your creativity!!! And I love the photo at the top of your blog, too. Just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This is great!!! love the idea of ​​a lace napkin! Color texture paste - it's wonderful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this photo of you and the amazing detail in the page does not detract from it but rather enhances it. When I "grow up" I want to be able to scrapbook like you ... You are an absolute inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, you already scrap beautifully.

      Delete
  10. Amazing page Lynette and a beautiful photo of you!! Love that beautiful gold floral doily piece and the varied color Texture Paste you used in the background. I am waiting on that stencil and can't wait to get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty page! The stenciling looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, I have no words for how much I adore this layout - just WOW!!! It is SO gorgeous, I am in love with every bit of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You nailed this sketch in every single way Lynette! It is just fabulous! I love everything about it! Stunning job and a definite favourite of mine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just uber-gorgeous my friend!! WOW!!!!! Those dots are amazing - you are a mixed media superstar already!! Hugely amazing page!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just truly beautiful, Lynette~! What a great photo and incredible design- and your play with a little media is wonderful :). And those Butterfly Garden papers- still some of my faves, have multiples of each sheet in my stash - so happy to see you use them here. Amazing work~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic photo Lynette!! LOVE this layout and all of the texture! You really did a beautiful job with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous layout Lynette, I love your style, and the photograph is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous....love all of the beautiful detail, gold doily, texture & lovely elements! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette this is simply stunning! love the brightens and happy colors of this project!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! This is a spectacular page!! Love the design, colors, and fab photo of you!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I want to try scrap just one photo like this! I have seen similar layouts on a few of the groups I follow!

    Wish you were closer so you could teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saw this on Facebook and wow!! That background is just gorgeous!! Stunning layout Lynette :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥