Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Little moment - Scrap Africa - Pink Paislee butterfly garden

The latest Scrap Africa challenge went live last Saturday. The challenge this month is to use texture paint or modelling paste, either with a mask or stencil or free hand and any other wet medium like paint or mists etc. I have only recently started playing with wet mediums on my layouts as I never wanted to get my hands dirty and my layouts wet.  Well I have found that I love getting my hands dirty and that I can still have neat and clean lines and still use wet mediums.  Helen taught me the trick...to paste the now dry and buckled paper onto either cardstock or the white inserts that we all get in our albums.

I used a photo that I have taken of Bianca and Stefan when we went out to celebrate my birthday in January.  I loved using the Pink Paislee Butterfly garden range of papers..

 Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Pink Paislee butterfly garden; Bling border: Prima; Library card and pocket: Maya Road; Butterfly and hot air balloon: K&Co; Title:  Silhouette cut; Hearts: Pink Paislee Artisan; Flowers: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye: Template: Studio Calico: Other: Acrylic paint and texture paste.


I used a sketch for a challenge by Paper Secrets....I could see that the Pink Paislee doily paper and the texture paste would work perfectly with this sketch.

I wanted to emphasize the colours in Bianca's blouse and used a mixture of aqua and lime acrylic paint mixed with texture paste and then applied through the Studio Calico mask.
 Here you can see how lovely the fussy cut doilies look and you can also so the detail of the texture paste/paint.  I love how it turned out.

I am still very much in love with the Silhouette Cameo and try to use it for at least one of the elements of each page I make.  Here it was to cut the pretty title.

Oh yes...and you can see that Stefan is already VERY interested in technology and his playing with his mommy's blackberry ;-)  Here you can also so a close up of the flower and heart cluster.

So what's up for grabs?? We have some yummy giveaway goodies from the Scrap and Card Boutique




1 chippie border
1 mirrored embellishment
1 mini album including mini papers inside the album
1 large gem butterfly embellishment
1 packet of brads and rhinestones
1 alphabet sticker sheet
1 chipboard sticker sheet
1 paper sticker sheet
1 acrylic stamp set
1 mini day book including papers, embellishments inside the album
1 fabric sticker pack
1 chipboard banner kit
12 sheets of paper

Wow, this is such a super prize! Thanks so much Scrap and Card Boutique for these wonderful goodies!

Evgenia has kindly also offered some wonderful play things.

Well we hope you are truly inspired by our projects, as well as the random prizes for giveaway! We would love for you to play along.  You have until the 30th June.
xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the layers, the distressing, the fussy cutting and that photo is just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous page!! I love your fussy cut doilies and the color variation in your molding paste!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this layout is gorgeous! the photo is so beautiful and precious and I love your tribute to your daughter in your previous post, very heartfelt and amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love your beautiful design! And I am so love playing with moulding paste right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page! I just love the gradated color in the molding paste! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, and there is so much fun to be had by using texture paste and paint on the back ground of a layout, I too am only just starting to get into the trend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout! The photo you used is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

    So need some Silhouette lessons from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Lynette!! I love the way you used the modeling paste in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS layout Lynette! I love the modelling paste effect ... I think I will have to do some experimenting ... I REALLY don't like getting my hands dirty when I am scrapping (feels too much like gardening!!!) but the effect that the modelling past has is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful....love your version of the sketch! Love everything...the modeling paste, title, colors, and neat elements! The photo is precious. Thanks for more great inspiration! God Bless you & your family this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beatiful page!!! I LOVE the multi-colored masking, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen is just full of good advice, isn't she? I have learned a lot from her too. Your page turned out great--very fresh and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was sure I had commented on this post...but I guess I must be mistaken! Gorgeous page and love that background and your gorgeous layering and photo! Great page...just super!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥