Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Friends - Sketch N Scrap - My Minds Eye Lost and Found

All my time away has really eaten into my scrappy time.  I nearly missed the deadline for the design team reveal on Sketch N Scrap.  Thankfully Lisa, the owner of the site, graciously forgave me for only uploading my layout late on the last night.  Thank you Lisa.  With my time away with Shayne and Cat still fresh in my memory, I decided to scrap the photo of us being silly on the beach.  We had such a fantastic time together that I would love to see this becoming an annual "kuier" (visit).  Here is my layout based on Lisa's sketch.

The colours of this layout was inspired by Linda's layout.

Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye Lost and Found, Glitz; Flowers: Prima and Pettaloo; Brads: Basic Grey; Title Rub on: Kaiser Scrapbook; Bling: Prima; Other: Texture paste and a Crafters Workshop stencil; Twine.

The pebbles on the beach of San Lameer was greyish black and I used these mother of pearl buttons from my stash to remember the pebbles.

A little cluster of flowers, brads and bling.  Not too much because I like the focus to be on my photo.  I also opted to use one large photo rather than the four small ones.

I love using Kaiser Scrapbook rubons as titles.  I cut the chevrons with my Silhouette.  The "Happy" tag was cut from a piece of pattern paper.

I never imagined that I would become so addicted to using texture paste...I love the effect it gives.

Here is the sketch by Lisa:

If you play along this month at Sketch N Scrap you will be entered into our random drawing for a wonderful prize by our sponsor
  A FLAIR FOR BUTTONS. 



 Stop by and see all the new flairs they have in the shop for the summer, I know you will find some you just can't live without!  Shelley's shipping is fast and her customer service is top notch, I know from experience, you will love these flairs!!!!  You will get ONE entry for each layout or card you create using our four monthly sketches. 
Here are the details to play along:

1. Make sure and link back to Sketch N Scrap in your blog post when sharing our sketch OR a layout or card based on our sketch.
2. Link your layout or card up by clicking on the Froggy link in the sidebar of the Sketch N Scrap blog.

NOTE: Don't forget to link to the direct post of this weeks challenge on your blog.  

Have fun! We can't wait to see what you create! :) 

Remember each submission will give you ONE entry into our monthly random draw for a chance to win the June prize! 
 So get  those layouts and cards started! International players are welcome, but  they will be asked to pay shipping on their prize should they win.
Link up your layout by June 30th at midnight CST!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Oh this layout is really lovely, and the special memories from your time away will be remembered forever in this wonderful layout.. I hope you get to do it all again with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous lo!! LOVING the colors, the fun photo and loving the buttons and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic layout Lynette! It's so happy that I just had to smile we I saw it! Loving the black and blue color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the buttons in picture number 2. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That pic was screaming to be scrapped :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS layout Lynette!

    I have everything in my stash to copy this one ... Thanks for the inspiration ... Will post my interpretation after we have our weekend away next weekend (can you believe I am going away to scrap over Father's Day?!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful and happy layout Lynette! Great photo and I love all the fabulous details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Lynette, and perfect for that fun photo of you and your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely - keeping the memorues alive

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great page and love that photo of you and your friends! Glad to see it scrapped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've scrapped this amazing photo....the little cluster is so sweet and the row of buttons, chevrons & background work, really set the whole layout off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun photo & a lovely page - wow a week away with friends really is a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fun and sweet all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty....love the light blue against the dark background! A beautiful layout for beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've come back for another comment (after seeing your comment on my blog - thank you!)
    I didn't realise when I commented earlier that I had inspired this gorgeous layout (and I now also see where you have mentioned & linked to my layout - silly me for not seeing that originally)...well, this has really made my day! I'm so glad that I have inspired you, Lynette....thanks so much for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, gorgeous layout! Love everything about it and that super photo! Happiness radiates!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥