Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day in the Addo Elephant park

 
I do hope that you all made this day very special for the "Dad's" in your life.  Wynand and Nadia packed a picnic basket and picked us up early this morning to visit the Addo Elephant park.  We were very fortunate to see quite a number of elephants.  This photo was taken at the Hapoor water hole.

Pumba....up close and personal. (thanks to my Sigma zoom lens)

Lukie obviously spent the whole drive on his Oupa's lap...and I love this clever photo that K took :-)

These two young bulls got a bit aggro with each other and it was so close to our car that I got a bit nervous.

I was amazed to see how they eat the thorny branches...thorns and all.

Nadia captured this photo...I love how clearly you can see the water dripping out of it's mouth.

We came across a number of the huge African buffalo's.

Lukie...looking very cool with his shades.

 The love of my life...the best daddy and Oupa that I know.

 This handsome youngest son of mine takes after his Daddy in the Best Dad department.  Love him to bits.

We had a lovely picnic at Jack's picnic spot in the park.

 As I mentioned before...these two are inseparable.  He was not however going to smile for another photo.

So Oupa forced him....aren't they too cute♥♥

I hope you had an equally memorable day and that this was another day of making and recording your own special memories.

xxx

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Lynette!! What a fun way to spend Father's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! I love elephants - they are my absolute favourite animal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are only 30 minutes drive away from the park and should spend much more time there.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, looks like a wonderful day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome destination for fathers day.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived there for 17 years and I can't remember going... :0

    LOVELY pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lynette, and thanks for your nice comments on my
    my layout for the Scrap Africa challenge!

    I'm glad I found your blog that way, too. I really enjoyed the photos of your Father's Day trip to see the elephants. Coming from Finland, it's hard to imagine you could go and see these huge animals just like that, on a day out! I also loved the story and pics of your husband with your grandson. My son, who is 5, is totally Grandpa's boy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic Fathers day idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo's and looks like you guys had an awesome day! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning place to be at for Father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that last photo is totally adorable ;-D Awesome place! I must remember it for holidays if we are ever passing through PE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic Fathers Day ~ I LOVE elephants and your photos are gorgeous.

    In our house we did Father's Day the previous weekend because I was away on Fathers Day scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing array of photographs and an obviously amazing, and special day...I love the photo of the real Pumba, made my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! You are so lucky to visit this place...and in such good company, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥