Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The book of LOVE has music in it - Canvas - Scrap Africa

Morning Everyone, I am greeting you from the lovely San Lameer resort where I am spending a few days with two of my blog friends.

 It's also the start to a super new challange on Scrap Africa. This challenge is to use at least 1 chipboard on your project!




We received a package of Design Worx' chipboard embellishments.  The challenge at Scrap Africa this month is to use chipboard on your project.  I made a canvas for Laura as a wedding gift.  I wanted to use the music chipboard on the layout.  Here is the completed project.

 Supplies used:  Canvas: 12x18 inch; Pattern Papers - a mix of My Minds Eye Lost and Found, Bo Bunny and Flair Designs; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard:  Design Worx; Flowers: Prima; Bling: Prima; Stickels: Ranger; Title: Prima. Other: Mists, Texture Paste, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Glossy Accents, Glitter.
 I love how delicate the Silhouette cut doily is behind the photo

 I decided on this colour combination because I wanted to also enter this project for the "Scrap around the World" challenge.  This is what the inspiration board looks like.  The sketch was also used as inspiration for the canvas:


So imagine my surprise when I some of the wedding photos were uploaded and I saw that this was also Laura's colour scheme for her big day.

I first painted the chipboard with copper paint.  I then spread glossy accents over the entire piece and while wet sprinkled glitter onto it.

The title of the canvas was also Laura and David's wedding song.


This challenge is sponsored by Design Worx, who not only have sponsored the prize, but also chipboards for the DT to create with! Thanks so much to Yola for this super opportunity.


Challenge no.17, due 14 May

Design Worx offers decorative lazercut material in exceptional and original designs.

Design Worx scrapbooking range originated from the scrapping tables of passionate scrapaholics, and their ever increasing product range, aims to capture the finest detail of every special moment.

Design Worx can produce tailormade products on demand, from any laserable material.

Please visit their website and gallery to see their wonderful products. We would love it if you would take part in this challenge.  You have until 31 May 2013 to upload your project.

25 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the flowers and the music notes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynette,
    This is an incredibly beautiful piece of ART! I am sure that Laura will cherish it! It is so lovely from every aspect! :-)
    I was amazed to see Laura's picture on ScrapAfrica's page! You see, I have been following her blog for a while now, and I am also friends with her on FB through blogging (I have a separate blog to my scrapping blog).
    I guess then that the old adage is true - it really IS a small world! :-)
    Anyway, enough rambling from me!!!!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is an absolutely gorgeous page ... so much detail! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette this is so stunning! You are so artistic! The dimension here is amazing. The Silhouette looks like it makes amazing cuts. I think I might be buying one very early in January. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That music chipboard is so cool, and I love how you have used it on this gorgeous layout, making it all glossy and glittery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas Lynette!! I love the brick effect, and perfect use of the chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a beautiful job with this canvas Lynette..it's a stunner! The colouring and details are just gorgeous! Beautiful, beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Lynette, I love the great texture and fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks stunning, I love these colors together and the sparkle on this must look amazing in real life too.. beautiful canvas that will be cherished I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I makes me tear up every time I see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Lynette - lovely take on the sketch & the challenge. Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your canvas is wonderful ! So rich in colour and lovely details. Thank you for joining in our challenge at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Lynette! Thanks for joining in the challenge at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH this is so lovely, gorgeous textures on your canvas! Thanks for joining in at SATW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful! Love the chipboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute photo you used, thank you so much for joining SATW challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my what a gorgeous project! love your chippie treatment and the lush colours and fab details. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous canvas my dear!! I love what you have done :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it. Soooooo beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow it looks fabulous and the textures are amazing!!! Thanks for joining us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning layout!!!love all the details!!!Thank you so much for joining in at SATW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely page! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynette, muito obrigada ela visita ao meu blog.
    Adorei conhecer o seu, e um pouco sobre você.
    Teus trabalhos são lindos, a textura e cores deste em especial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catarina for the compliment.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥