Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Taking a deep breath....

....and deleting all unread blog posts (all of 622) in my bloglovin reader. Thank you for this advice Cat, now I no longer feel totally overwhelmed. Now I am also ready to jump right in and start blogging again.  I will start reading blogs as it comes into my reader and then backtrack to see what else you wrote.  So please extend me some grace.

A few months ago my dear blog friend Cat e-mailed me and another blog friend Shayne with an invitation to meet at San Lameer.  My darling man could not quite understand why 3 girls want to spend a week on a golf estate when they don't even play golf...but he knew how much it meant to me to spend time relaxing with the girls.

This collage that Cat made perfectly captures our week together

On Saturday afternoon I returned from a stunning week away with Cat and Shayne to a very happy husband. (Seriously, he missed me...there was flowers in every room to welcome me home)  On Monday last week we met at the King Shaka airport in Durban and then drove down to San Lameer on the South Coast.  IT WAS AWESOME.  We talked, and talked and talked some more.  We shared many laughs and needed no television to keep us entertained.  Shayne cooked most of the meals and one evening Cat "braaied" (BBQ) some of lovely Woolies sticky ribs. We strolled around Mac Banana buying things we don't really need.  We visited the Waffle House at Ramsgate for divine waffles.  What more could a girl want?

 What happens when three keen photographers spend time together?  Well it is obvious isn't it.

 We went for long walks on the beach and talked some more....and played with our cameras.

 I love this photo taken by Cat...of me and Shayne taking photos of each other taking photos.

 My favourite shot of Shayne

 The beach at dusk.

 I think that this might be one of my favourite photos taken.

 A glimpse of the San Lameer resort

 Another photo I love

 My favourite of Cat by Shayne

This little wooden heart that Shayne bought described our week perfectly.

Having fun like children on the beach.

I really believe that we should make this an annual event and quite frankly not wait to spend time together with these two special ladies in my life.

22 comments:

  1. Oh it was totally awesome. A true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you my friend...and already missing the walks.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting and fun photos! It can be seen that the three girls had a great time!I rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you took Cat's advice about the reader. That's a lot and it will take forever to go through every post.
    I am glad that the three of you had such a wonderful time and it was such a good idea for just the three of you to go away. Without any partner or kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how nice! you surely had wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette I am so pleased that you had a wonderful girly time away and could find your inner peace again. No need to feel guilty about that Reader of yours. Just take it one day at a time.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I LOVE your photos!!!

    Like Desire says ... 'take it one day at a time' ~ if you dont get to read every post that someone has written then you are forgiven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love seeing little bits of the story added to with each blog post :)

    Mostly, I'm very impressed that you three were already up to date and blogging those pics :) :)

    And next year I'm coming with you! We have got to meet, lynette! We honeymooned at San Lameer.... 18 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the photos!! Looks like a WONDERFUL time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got to have a fun get away, Lynette!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great time you had, much needed girl time I bet too. LOVE these pictures! How fun to go away and just play and laugh with friends. Those necklaces are perfect! My hubby would have missed me too, how lucky we are to have sweet husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks stunning! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a ball! I didn't know you could get into san lameer without playing golf?! Har!
    Aren't those sticky ribs just The Best!!!
    (Although the Spar version is pretty awesome too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the estate and golf course are run separately. My darling man would have loved it there. He would have been playing golf all day every day.

      Delete
  13. It sounds like a wonderful week... and definitely do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That must be fun, I can tell from the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun Lynette! So glad you had such an awesome time!! I don't use a Reader for that very reason. Always found it too overwhelming. I have the blogs I enjoy listed as bookmarks in Google Chrome & access them from a drop down menu. For returning comments I do that when I get one as I get email notifications of them so do my best to get to those asap. Quite honestly the blog reading is almost non-existent these days. I just don't have the time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so awesome that you could do that! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photo's and so great that you could get away with your girlfriends...it's such good soul time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved seeing the pics on Shayne's blog... now get to double view them on yours... looks like you all really had a good week away. Think this is something we all should schedule once in a while.

    Re the blog reader... I'm definitely getting to the point of decluttering... unfollowing some as I just don't have the time anymore to read them all. No need to feel guilty at all... we all need to find the right balance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥