Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Coffee - Sketch N Scrap - 7Gypsies Market Paper

 It is time for the Sketch N Scrap 15th May sketch challenge to be revealed.  Please visit the Sketch N Scrap blog for tons of inspiration.

Here is the layout I made based on the sketch:
Supply List:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: 7Gypsies Market Papers; Die cut and title: Silhouette; Flowers: Prima;  Other: Texture Paste, Crafters Warehouse template, Rollercraft words stamp.
I cut my flags from different 7Gypsies papers, glossy accents on the edges and then white glitter.

 I cut the "Coffee" title from cardstock and then covered it with glossy accents and sprinkled glitter over it.

I wanted to add a touch of red to lift the page..and the Prima flowers were the perfect touch.

The journaling is in Afrikaans and I will translate it for you as follows:  
"Teacher Mignonne says:  Dewan greeted me with a heavy heart this morning.  I asked "What is wrong Dewan?"  He replied: "Miss, I never drank my coffee this morning before we left for school."  (tears just below the surface). So I took  him to the kitchen, made us each a lovely cup of coffee, and together we drank it before the music class started at 8am.  His little face was just to precious to behold.  The child was happy once again and his teacher had a double dose of caffeine to start the new week."

Visit the Sketch N Scrap blog and upload your layout before 31 May 2013.

xx

18 comments:

  1. Stunning Lynette, and as always has that personal touch with your journalling in your own handwriting. Well he is a boy 'so reg na my hart, ek kan ook definitief, nie eers uit die bed uit opstaan, voor ek nie 'n koppie boeretroos gehad het nie.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Lynette ... What a gorgeous page.

    That is one very special teacher Dewan has ... The photo of him is an absolute treasure.

    Thanks for always inspiring us with your gorgeous pages and special 'from the heart' journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, he is adorable! I'm like that with tea. I didn't get around to having any today and I can't wait til after supper for a nice MUG of tea L:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does he really drink coffee? so young? My kids hate it! LOVING your page! Awesome how you did that title! and that photo is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo, a light on a dark background looks great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette!! LOVE this page! it is really great! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, look at those eyes. He will have the girls running after him very soon :-)
    The lo is absolutely gorgeous and I love the way you used the stencil in the background.
    Such a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you brought forward the coffee theme in the colors that you chose. I also love the glitter and the adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the banner and that photo... those eyes are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Design, what a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely story behind the photo, and I must say I did notice the contented smile on this dear boy! I love the earthy colors you have used, and love the perfect finishing touch of the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a precious story & lovely l/out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the joirnaling, Lynette!! Such a great boy page, with these colors and the masking with the texture paste in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Lynette - love the texture you have added & the lovely colours. Your title also looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this story is just too sweet - I remember it from the time you shared it on FB :-)))
    and you scrapped it just perfect! such a beautiful boy's page with nice coffee feel to it :-))) stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet story, and those blue eyes!!! Gorgeous page, Lyneete. Loving all the rich texture and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh boy, such a beauitiful way to share that very cute story

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this page Lynette....everything is so perfect, from the colouring to the styling, to that sweet photo! Gorgeous, gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥