Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time for Teletubbies - Sketch N Scrap - Studio Calico

Before I show you the layout I made for the sketch challenge at Sketch N Scrap I want to share some great news with you.  I HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED in a local South African scrapbooking magazine called Scrap Affairs.  The theme for the latest edition was "OH BABY" and yes I had a lot of layouts to submit.  So here is a look at the double page feature of my work.
You can click on the photo to read the article.

I just had to scrap these photos of Stefan for the Sketch N Scrap sketch this week.  He only recently discovered the Teletubbies and he was so taken by them that he pulled himself up against the TV cabinet to get as close as possible.  Amazing how much pleasure this program has given little ones over the years.

Supplies used: Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers:  Pebbles (Seen and Noted -favorites), Pebbles (Bassics - rouge chevron), American Crafts (XOXO -love is in the air); Stucio Calico printables; Die cut label for title and die cut arrow border: Silhouette Studio; Stamp: Studio Calico; Arrows: Studio Calico; Letter Stickers: Basic Grey.

I cut the label for the title and a mat for it with my Silhouette.
Proof that some children can climb before they can walk.

Here is the sketch:

If you care to join us this month we have an awesome prize from our returning sponsor A Flair for Buttons!  Up for grabs is a lovely set of Tell Your Story 1 flairs, perfect for your everyday layouts or Project Life!
                                                       

Now for the fine print:
To be eligible for the monthly prize:
1. Make sure and link back to Sketch N Scrap in your blog post when sharing our sketch OR a layout based on our sketch.
2. Link your layout up by clicking on the Froggy link in the sidebar

NOTE: Don't forget to link to the direct post of this weeks challenge on your blog.  

Have fun! We can't wait to see what you create! :) 

Remember each submission will give you ONE entry into our monthly random draw for a chance to win the April prize!
So get those layouts started! International players are welcome, but  they will be asked to pay shipping on their prize should they win.
Link up your layout by April 30th at midnight PST!

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your publication! I am so happy for you. :) Oh a cute LO! These photos are so sweet! Love the use of the small arrow to show the climbing. What a treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on the PUB!! That is AWESOME! I love love love your lo!! Those photos are ADORABLE and loving the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Lynette! I am sorry that I put my congrats with the last post - I thought they were combined and am sorry for that. But I am so happy for you!!! WOOHOO!
    And your teletubbies layout is so fabulous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous news, Lynette! Such wonderful work! Love that your lil' guy there was climbing up to see the Teletubbies! Adorable! Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - what fantastic news :) :) And yes, babies definitely can climb before walking - Connor was the same...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wohoo!! Congrats on being published Lynette!! How wonderful! and so well deserved!
    Love the teletubbies page! So recognizable! My kids were just as infatuated with the Teletubbies! Good idea to scrap about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG congrats Lynette!! Your layouts definitely deserve to be featured! And I love your cute layout and you did a fabulous job with the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being published, Lynette! Your work looks great in the magazine.

    Your Teletubbies page is adorable. Stefan must be very strong to pull himself up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lynette...that feature is absolutely gorgeous and so well deserved. Your work is stunning and an absolute pleasure to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on being published, a wonderful feature.. and a cute layout.. I guess he loves the tele tubbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Lynette! Your work looks amazing! Love the Teletubbies layout too !!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being published!
    Lovely layout on that wonderful sketch, I need someone to push me into my craft room after the vacation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being published! So cute about the Teletubbies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your publication!!! The spread is amazing, you're so very talented!!!
    Love all of you work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, how wonderful and I love your creations. A fabulous magazine I have admired for some time - wished we got it here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEK... keep him away from the Burglar bars!! He's on his way up!
    Well done on the Scrapping article. Love the layouts they featured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow great work and congrats on being published, it's always a great feeling to know so many people can enjoy your work!~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on being published ~ that is awesome and what beautiful layouts. I love the Tele-Tubbies layout ... we need to honour every day happenings in our scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So exciting, Congratulations Lynette! Great Job! I'm so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats you Diva you :) beautiful projects as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Lynette! You are a great scrapper, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being published, a very well deserved honor! Loving the Teletubbies layout, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your publication, exciting for you and such gorgeous layouts. Loved reading and seeing......

    Your Teletubbbies layout is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being a Diva in the Scrap Affairs...really so awesome! Great pages they chose...and love the write up too! Love this layout as well...so very sweet and love the papers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ek was so bly toe ek my tydskrif oopmaak en jou fantastiese werk daar sien, ek het sommer 'n riel gedans in my kamer. So bly vir jou, jy verdien al die erkenning wat jy kan kry. Ek het die hele naweek met my nuwe Silhouette gespeel, en jy is reg, ek en hierdie nuwe speelding gaan nog baie lief raak vir mekaar. Ek dink my arme man is al jammer hy het hom gekoop, want hy sien my glad nie. LOL
    Dis uiteindelik vakansie, so nou sal ek hopelik meer gereeld kom oe wys by jou, ek het dit nogal gemis hierdie termyn.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on this awesome pub. Your pages look stunning!!
    That cute lo brings me back... My DD's have all loved watching the Teletubbies....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lynette, WOW WOW WOW!! CONGRATS my friend, this is awesome and SO VERY COOL!! I'm not the least bit surprised though, your layouts are always STUNNING!! So happy for you!

    OMG, he is soooo cute, what a climber he is, never take your eyes off that one, haha! My girls LOVED Teletubbies, always watching and glued to the tv for that show. Renee was the Green Teletubbie for her 2nd Halloween. I didn't know that show was still on the tv, how cool.

    Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about the baby in your post below. How awful for all of them. This is the hardest part of understanding God's way and I still struggle and ask why all the time. Hugs and prayers for all of you right now, hope the story turn out happier one day for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a wonderful LO - so vibrant and fun. Huge congrats on the publication!! So deserved with your gorgeous work!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on being published... lovely article and layouts.

    This is a super cute page... love the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥