Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I just don't get it


Sometimes I just don't get it.
I don't understand why things happen.
I am left with more questions than answers.
I question the Lord.
Is it only me?
Do you also sometimes struggles with the "why's"?

We took in a heavily pregnant young woman at the Mission a couple of months ago.  She was on the streets with her little boy.  She made the decision to have the new baby adopted so that it could have a better life.  She received extensive counseling from our counselors and from the social worker that was working with the adoption.  This was going to have such a happy ending. The process was well advanced and the prospective new parents were chosen.

Yesterday she went in for a C-Section, a beautiful baby boy was born and went into high care and received blood transfusions.  The prospective adoptive parents were elated with their new baby son.  This morning the baby died from complications. In a hospital in the city a young mother is mourning the loss of the baby she was prepared to let go...and the joy of the adoptive parents had turned into sorrow.

I struggle to understand whether it was his time to go.
That this was within God's will.
I question, I argue!
Is it only me?

16 comments:

  1. His 'miracles' work in strange ways. We may not see the reasoning now, but in the long term we might come to realise why.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand why God decided so ... why take life just giving her? Я не понимаю, почему бог так решил... почему забирает жизнь едва ее дав?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a heartbreaking story...for everyone involved...life is so unpredicatable, I am sure God had his reasons for wanting a small angel, not sure what those reasons would be...but I guess we have to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't just you....there are many times I have asked why. I read this with tears.... how heart-breaking. My heart breaks for both sides, knowing the loss of a child....

    sending you love....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So saddened to hear this -- and I would be the same you are asking Why? But as we know .. there is always a reason....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Lynette. I am very sorry and sad to read this story and can imagine your sorrow and questions, especially why? My thoughts and prayers will be with the mother and the prospective adoptive parents. My heart goes out to them and to you.

    And thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news! I am so happy that you were published, but am definitely not surprised! Your work is amazing! And I also love the wonderful layout that you shared today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it is normal for us to question but at the same time we must try to remember that we will not get answers to most of our "why"-s. though there is always sufficient answer to me that makes all the sense while not making really any sense to my human mind - He IS God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh Lynette how tragic. I often struggle to understand some of the sadness in life. I just do not know

    ReplyDelete
  9. How tragic ... not only one family but two are devastated! I said to my friend whose 6 year old is battling cancer that we should not question and he said that we should although like Svetlana says we won't get answers ... possibly just not in the way we want the answers! I will keep the Mom and the adoptive parents in my prayers as they battle through this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how heartbreaking for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have rather a blind faith that believes that God knows the future and does what is best and also believe that some things happen and while God is in control not everything in life is his 'fault'. A very sad story :( I have one this week too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not just you Lynette. There are so many things that happen in our daily lives that cause us to shake our heads and question, "why?"
    I choose to believe it's not for us to understand. I don't know what any reasons are (why did he take my dad 2 months ago?) but I have to believe it's for a reason..a very big reason. Just have faith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes we just have to blindly trust that this was THE plan! Not easy sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  15. How tragic. I'll be praying for all involved as you deal with the sadness and loss. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥