Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Families Bloom with Love - Scrap Africa - My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally

It is time for the Scrap Africa challenge for April.  The challenge is to use triangles, black and white photos and confetti on your page.

Here is my layout for the challenge.  I used a photo of Kobus Jr, Lache and their three little ones and changed the photo to black and white.
Supply list:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline Fine and Dandy); Blooms: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Title: Silhouette.

I cut my triangles with the Silhouette out of the background cardstock.  I then backed it with patterned paper.  I chose bright papers because I wanted it to form a strong contrast with the black and white photo.
I then just used a black fine liner to draw lines around the triangles.  I made a mat for my photo out of neutral colours.
I used a 6x6 Crafters Workshop (Mini tile texture) template and added texture paste to my background.
If you try and work with confetti on your page, you will soon find just how finicky it is to work with tiny little circles.  I decided to use my confetti as a border below the photo.  Before I added the photo, I first applied adhesive to the bottom part of the mat and then sprinkled confetti onto the wet adhesive.  I then added confetti to the open spaces.  I love how it turned out...and I love the sharp contrast between the black and white photo and the confetti border.


Prize from 2crafty for those who are going to take part in this challenge.
  

 2 Crafty strives to offer affordable and versatile laser cut chipboard products to the Australian and International Craft market.


2Crafty’s products are manufactured here in Australia and offer products suitable for scrapbooking, cardmaking, altered art, invitations and mixed media, and with over 1000 designs, every area has been covered.

2Crafty’s owner Vanessa, stumbled on the demonstration of the laser cutter at one of the Sydney craft fairs back in 2006 and although her background was Human Resources and payroll her creative mind could see unlimited possibilities and so began her journey into the world of a craft wholesaler.

2Crafty designs are supported both locally and in the overseas market and Vanessa strives to offer the highest level of customer support, and is happy to discuss personalized orders with customers via their local scrapbooking store.

2Crafty also offers a fabulous blog that is updated weekly with projects created from its wonderful Design Team with both local and international designers which includes the very talented Di Garling, Chantal Vandenberg, Elena Olinevich, Fiona Johnstone, Keren Tamir, Leonie Neale-Dawson, Linda Eggleton.

The 2Crafty website, although a wholesale website, offers you a birds eye view of all the wonderful designs that it offers. Make sure you check out the stockist list and don’t be afraid to ask your local store to order products that they may not have in stock.


Aren't these just gorgeous?! Play along and they could possibly be yours!! So you have until the 30th April to submit your entries.


xx

26 comments:

  1. Hi There! This layout looks so striking! i love the triangles they are so neat.. and a lovely contrast to the black and white photo..I love the confetti too! a beautiful photo, a beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is awesome! I have not used texture paste but I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that a lot of work went into this LO--making & adhering the confetti, putting paper in all the triangles, doing the background work, etc. It is worth the effort, because it turned out so great-looking, and it really exudes a feeling of love and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous page. So love the confetti idea and the beautiful photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how wonderfully turned to confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, every element. But I do love what you have done with the confetti. I've not really worked with it before but I might dabble soon after seeing your page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the triangles and love love love how you added the confetti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! so gorgeous!! Love the different techniques you employed for this bright, cheerful, amazing family page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, beautiful photo Lynette, and what patience you have :) but agree that confetti looks so good in contrast to the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Lynette. The confetti looks amazing however I am not sure that I will be trying that out anytime in the near future!!! LOL!!!

    By the way ... I saw your layouts in the magazine this weekend ~ Yours are definitely the most beautiful in the whole magazine and I was so happy to see that it was right up front!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lynette this is gorgeous! Love the quilted feel and that confetti is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZA! I love your layout! The confetti along the bottom of the picture really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layout. You are so good with this scrapbooking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty....love the triangles & texture! The framing around the photo, especially the confetti, is the perfect touch for such a beautiful family photo! I love the confetti but not sure I'm going to try it very soon! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout of a gorgeous family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome this layout is, love love the family picture and title. Those triangles are soooo cool, don't think I've seen them used in layouts before but now I LOVE the idea!!

    WOW WOW WOW, the pictures below are stunning!! I enjoyed looking at them so much, thank you for sharing them. What a beautiful place it is, cute monkey's. Really enjoyed them!

    Take care and HUGS!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful designand colours - I love the black and white with the colours around

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your page... you are so creative - it is really fun to see what next you come up with. Somehow I really would like to scraplift your ideas but without a big cutting machine I have to do these things manually... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lynette! I absolutely love your take on this challenge! The photo is fabulous and looks amazing in b&w! I really like your title and how you used triangles here! Your layout is so creative and heartwarming! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bright, fun colors! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lynette your layout is stunning! Beautiful colour palette and the confetti looks so sweet. Such a gorgeous photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lynette - you never disappoint! I simply adore your work - always have! Your take on the sketch is simply creative and I think the confetti border is nothing less than fabulous! WOW.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work Lynette....I love the photo and love the gesso work on the background! Gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the triangle details...

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goodness Lynette this is one awesome super-special page! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this layout! The confetti is so fun and the texture is amazing. You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥