Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dreamer - Scrap Africa - Basic Grey Serenade

I am a little behind with posting my design team work.  Sorry about that.  This week's sketch by Evgenia of Scrap Africa is so versatile and I loved how it suited these photos taken of Lukas to perfection.  

Supplies used:  Cardstock for matting:  Bazzill; Patterned paper:  Basic Grey Serenade; Dreamer title: Fabscraps; Button:  Basic Grey Serenade; Butterfly:  K & Co; Quote rub on: Kaisercraft; Other: DMC Cotton and ribbon from my stash.

When I first saw these photos of Lukas I couldn't believe that this little boy appearing so content and in a dream world is the same little grandson we know to be busy...busy...busy and always wanting to be entertained.

I printed this dandelion on paper and then used my paper piercer to make holes.  I then stitched the dandelion with it's beautiful little seeds.
I had to add this pretty quote it was just so perfect for the layout.
Initially the title had a hot air balloon attached so I cut it off and added the ribbon to hide the marks.

Here is the sketch, please be sure to check out the work done by the design team.


We have an awesome random prize to giveaway this month, from a brand new sponsor and that is 


Blue Fern Studios was provided with the idea of providing unique and sophisticated papercraft designs, fulfilling a need for the more discriminating paper crafter.

We offer exquisitely detailed products to inspire all styles of craft artists.

Our products can be used for scrapbooking, mixed media, general crafting, and more. Let our designs inspire you!



Check these super chippies.


We really hope you will play along to have a chance at getting this super goodie pack.
You have until the 14th April.
xx

18 comments:

  1. I liked the embroidered dandelions! it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just gorgeous! Love the hand embroidered details and the homely feel they add to the layout! That sketch is pretty but look quite difficult....You nailed it though!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stitching Lynette and lovely photo's. Sometimes we do wonder what children are thinking about when they are still and quiet- probably what mischief they will be getting up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette, When I saw this sketch I did not know how to work with it.... you worked wonders! This page is just wonderful! I love all the details! The photos are precious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the stitched dandelion, Lynette. Gorgeous layout & fab take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love love those photos and that stitched dandelion is WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout and the photo are so peaceful and candid.. really lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos! Love how you used the Serenade. Makes me want to cut into mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creativity is endless! This is such a unique and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page Lynette! Love the use of the BG and the way you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette, these photos of your grandson are just adorable. Love what you have done with the layout and the gorgeous stitching of the dandelions. - Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Lynette! Love the photos and your layout is just wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. I love this page and the stitching you did is just gorgeous. Beautiful photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful, and touching ... those photographs are amazing ... and I love, adore to pieces the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable....your photographs and the beautiful hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness!!!! That layout is amazing ... I think I feel a scrap lift coming over me!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a lovely layout! Those stitched dandelions add a really beautiful touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous page Lynette...I just love those photo's and your stunning sewing! Really a gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥