Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our many adventures - Sketch N Scrap - My Minds Eye Miss Caroline

Hallo friends, it is time for the latest sketch reveal at Sketch N Scrap. I am also entering this layout for the My Minds Eye challenge to use diecuts on a layout.  Here is my layout based on Brenshevia's very cool sketch.  These photos of DH and Lukie was taken in February 2011 on Wynand's smallholding.  He was sitting on his Oupa's shoulders while Oupa was ploughing the plot with a tractor.
 Supplies used: Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline Dilly Dally); Cardstock for matting and background die cut: Bazzill; Embellishments and title: My Minds Eye; Other: Silhouette.
 I used the wooden star burst and stuck the starburst bling to it and then I topped it with a layered stickers of the same line
 I used buttons that was left over from the My Minds Eye Sweetest Thing Bluebell buttons to form this cute button border.

Here is the lovely sketch by Brenshevia.  I would love to see what you create using it.

In order to be eligible for the monthly prize:
1. Make sure and link back to Sketch N Scrap in your blog post when sharing our sketch OR a layout based on our sketch.
2. Link your layout up by clicking on the Froggy link in the sidebar

NOTE: Don't forget to link to the direct post of this weeks challenge on your blog.  

Have fun! We can't wait to see what you create! :) 

Remember each submission will give you ONE entry into our monthly random draw for a chance to win the March prize!
So get those layouts started! International players are welcome, but  they will be asked to pay shipping on their prize should they win.
Link up your layout by Sunday March 31st  at midnight PST!

Have a lovely weekend.

26 comments:

  1. This is so cute Lynette!! Perfect use of the sketch and the MME!! Love how you used the circle cut in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Lynette - you're so very talented. The layout really does not distract from the stunning photos.

    Hope you're having an awesome weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love all the circles, the colors and that banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that circle diecut, Lynette...and it looks fantastic against the dark woodgrain paper, along with the other gorgeous colours in these MME papers. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI.. What a lovely layout! The photos look like happy memories, love all your elements, wonderful take on the sketch..I hope you have had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette is so beautiful! Wonderful pictures from Upa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable layout! Loving the circle background and those cute photos! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work!!! :D I love what you did with the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet layout and just love those photo's! Love the die-cuts and banner...simply gorgeous! Super page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking layout! I love the banner with the buttons! This is a very striking layout! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute LO for cute photos! I love all the sweet details, like the sparkly sun and the banner of alternating flags and buttons.

    Thanks for your comment on my de-stashing post. I so admire people like you who can stick to a "no-buy" plan. I just can't do it--I wish I could, but I can't stop buying patterned paper (not forever, of course, but for a certain length of time). For me, it has to be a "buy moderately" plan, because I can't quit cold turkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must be one of my favorites Lynette. Love it! (And such cute pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning layout with awesome little masculine details.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI.. I hope things are going well for you! This layout looks wonderful.. I love the circle back ground.. and great photos, and precious memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the circle die cut on the background and all the embellishments! Great composition and photographs! Love every litte detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your layout, Lynette! Your take on the sketch is so much fun! The photos are awesome, and I love your title and wonderful embellies!!!!! Your pages are always so creative and beautiful, and this one is no exception! I want to wish you an early Happy Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. I love your new look of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really LOVE this layout Lynette! Such gorgeous pics and beautiful clean design. Just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. aawww this is so cute!! Your style and layouts always make me smile, so much talent you have for this.

    WOW, look at your blog header, AWESOME AWESOME layout and look!! I never thought to put a layout picture on mine, this looks so cool. Great job on the layout!!

    Hope you are doing well. We are doing ok, just waiting for the snow to stop and spring to come!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great layout with so many gorgeous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO DANG CUTE! I love this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent layout & use of the MME diecuts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥