Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Let the journey BEGIN *Scrapbook Studio* - My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline)

Before I move onto something creative I just want to share a bit of what is happening in my life right now:
  • Last weekend was spent quietly at home.  DH played a spot of night golf on Friday and spent a bit of time with our sons on Saturday.  Sunday morning we were off to Despatch (a little dorpie outside of Port Elizabeth) where we were invited to talk about the Mission in a Dutch Reform church.  We had 30 minutes to speak and it went very well.  I am amazed that talking in front of a few hundred people no longer faze me.
  • On Monday morning I heard that an old school friend had lost her battle with cancer.  That was so, so sad for me.  She had so much pain and was so sick for so long and the doctors couldn't find what was wrong.  Then they diagnosed her and the very first round of chemo killed off all her white blood cells and her body could not fight any infections. She has four children (two being very young) and just the thought that they now have to face life without their mom is heart breaking.
  • Then on Monday we heard that the young man that I wrote about HERE had died of an overdose. Drugs are evil and I hate to lose a fight against evil.  He was with us for less than 3 months when his mother asked us to release him to go home to her.  We begged her not to take him.  Heroin addicts need to be kept in a safe environment for at least a year or two. 
  • This week I finished the financial year end for the Mission and on Thursday I start with the "catch-up" of the March books....never a dull moment I tell you.
  • Little Stefan has started to walk and has to be watched with eagle eyes.  He pulls everything off the coffee table if nobody is looking.

 Here is another 2 page layout I created with the November Scrapbook Studio kit.  The photos are of my two youngest grandsons.  They are only two months apart and this was the first time they actually took notice of each other.
Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Printed Papers: My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline - Fine and Dandy); Brads: My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline - Fine and Dandy); Stars: Making Memories Felties; Punch: Martha Stewart; Sketch: Allison Davis.

I cut the title wih the Silhoutte.  It was one of the first things I cut and still needed a lot of exercise using the machine.


Happy Wednesday.  Thank you for visiting my blog.

xx

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely page :)))

    YAY Stefan - those early walking days are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a photo of him going solo soon ;-)

      Delete
    2. Much sadness my friend, but a lot of happy too. And love the layout

      Delete
  2. Lynette, I am so sorry to hear about life's curve balls and hope you will take it easy for a while and be kind to yourself.
    Your layout is stunning is always - I so adore your scrapbooking creative style - always unique and true to you.
    - Have you changed the look of your blog?
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simplified it...will see how long before I get tired of the new look.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your recent losses. Your work must be very emotionally draining. I would find it hard to be around such sadness on a daily basis. Love this latest LO! How cute to see the boys together. You are working magic with MME again and I love your title work with your Silhouette. I am starting to wish I had one of those. It might be a purchase in the far future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our work is emotionally draining but it is not all sad. Seeing people change, come free of addiction and healed of hurts...and then seeing them return to live their life to the full...is out of this world. Nothing compares with the joy that brings.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Lynette, your mission is very difficult, and it is good that you are pleased with the grandchildren. And your creativity. Pages are great, as always. grandchildren are so funny ... How many months to Stefan? My grandson 10, still can not walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irina, Stefan will be turning one year on 30 March...he is totally adorable.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lynette. Stephen whiz! well done! Let always happy ouma!

      Delete
  5. Life is a roller coaster, isn't it? So sorry to hear about your friend as well as the young man fighting the heroin addiction. So sweet that your grandsons are new friends. Love the layout ... your work is always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've had a rough go of it the last little while. My thoughts and prayers are with you, it's always hard to lose someone, and then you've lost two.
    On the other hand, you're always so good and concentrating on the beautiful blessings you have in your life, like the sweet little one in your adorable layout!
    Sending good vibes your way...
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your losses ...

    I loveeeeee your page!! Those photos are beautiful and love love love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear the sad news Lynette!

    Love your sweet layout! You always do such amazing work with the MME lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your friend, my heart just ached when I hear story like this, especially the young kids growing up without mommy, that just pained my heart. Big hug to you Lynette!
    Love love love your sweet layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI.. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Friend.. there is too much cancer around these days...I do pray her family will have lots of help and love to cope with this loss.. and the young man who also died.. what a tragedy...so very sad... but on a better note your layout is really lovely, so nice to see the babies growing and developing and doing what they should be.. I am sure this little fellow must fill your hearts with joy watching him grow.. take care... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That was quite the week. Sorry to hear of the losses. Life is up and down. Watching babies grow is definitely the UP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, reading your post I really admire you ... never a dull moment indeed!
    I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your old school friend, how awful for her kids! (That's my biggest fear, dying before my kids are grown-up). Keeping them in my thoughts.
    Your grandsons are lovely and how fun they are almost the same age! LOVE your 2 pager!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool layout Lynette. Toddlerhood really is the trickiest stage! Oh yes such is life - never a dull moment. Full of ebbs and flows and so is the circle of life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout, Lynette...I always love seeing your double pages!

    So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend & the man with the overdose. May they now be at peace <3. Big hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great page Lynette and your grandsons are real sweeties! I guess with life that happens around us and is not so happy sometimes, it is always great to have children and family that make our live so colourful and happy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynette! Life does keep us busy! My thoughts are with you! Your grandsons are adorable! I enjoy how you put so many different patterns together without making the layout too busy! Your work is very creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥