Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

34 years together



  • 34 years together
  • 3 beautiful children
  • 4 military call up's to the border
  • 6 city to city moves (while DH was working for Pick 'n Pay)
  • 4  owned homes
  • 6 gorgeous grandchildren
  • an awesome ministry
  • many arguments
  • loads of misunderstandings
  • lots of tears
  • too much worry
  • happiness
  • frustration
  • communication
  • respect
  • love that has grown stronger and stronger
  • an amazing walk with the Lord
  • growing in faith, love, commitment
  • he loves me regardless
  • he is my sounding board when I am not sure of something
  • he is the best husband, father and Oupa
  • he is a solid man after God's own heart
  • he is my happy place
  • he is my safe place in time of storms (and there has been many over 34 years)
  • he is my best friend
34 years ago I married my best friend.  I was 18 at the time and you could say that he raised me ;-)  After all these years we still grow closer and closer together.  We still hold hands and flirt with each other when we go on dates.  We complete each other's sentences.  Often we start talking about the same thing at the same time....and then giggle because we have grown together so much.  We also fiercely disagree at times but that doesn't make our love for each other any less.  We never get tired of spending "alone" time together.  Often it would be him watching sport and me reading a book.  More often it would be hours and hours of talking about our ministry, concerns for our children, love for our grand children.  Hopes and dreams that we share.

Happy anniversary Bokkie....if I could choose all over....I would choose you again ♥♥

31 comments:

  1. You've JUST posted this and changed your header. Because I was just here commenting and looking at the collage!

    LOVE the gorgeous gorgeous pic!!!

    And this post made me tear up - so very precious! Congrats to the two of you.

    Here's to the next 34 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You caught me at it ;-)
      Thank you Marcia.

      Delete
  2. Huge happy congrats to you and your wonderful partner for life. Were picking a tear when reading your precious tribute to him. Here's to an even more awesome 34 years of love and togetherness.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing I noticed was the new photo too...wow, it is stunning!
    Congrats on your 34 years together...you both look amazing & so so happy together. Happy Anniversary & here's to the next 34+ years....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. The photo was taken at a bridge outside Plettenberg Bay at sunset.

      Delete
  4. Wow, congratulations! Happiness and joy for many years! Keep it up!
    Once again, change the header blog! I liked the last and even the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Happy Anniversary to you both! And many more years together too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations & many more years together. Its a wonderful tribute to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Lynette!
    Wonderful to hear about your life together, and it being such a wonderful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Lynette!! I love what you wrote and guess what tomorrow is mine and Rich's anniversary of 18 years. I am writing a post hopefully in the morning. I'm so happy for you two and how amazing you are together all these years later. How gorgeous of a couple you make too, truly beautiful inside and out! Enjoy this special day and treasure all your memories.

    Happy birthday to that adorable grandson of yours too. How lucky we both our with husbands and family. HUGS and Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! What a great milestone :) Wishing you many more happy years together!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary Lynette!! Love that you shared, because it's always nice to hear the happy stories for marriages, when there are so many sad stories out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary Lynette! Both of you look so happy! I truly enjoyed reading your post! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww..... I have happy tears in my eyes reading your post Lynette, Happy Anniversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary Lynette and 'Bokkie' ... its so wonderful to read this post. I love to hear about marriages that are making it. Its so uplifting - its my prayer for my children that they all have long happy marriages.

    You guys are a wonderful blessing and example.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful photo and a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just warmed my heart so much, Lynette! I absolutely LOVE this post, so much! The photo of the 2 of you is so beautiful. And so are your words of love for your husband . . . I am getting tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your love with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary to you & the love of your life! Loved reading your post & praying for many more anniversaries together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet post, it gave me goosebumps to read, aaawwww!!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!! Reading your post brought a huge smile to my face.
    Such a beautiful post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated anniversary Lynette! You guys are awesome together!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary to the both of you. I love how real you are in this post because this is what marriage is about.

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy anniversary, Lynette! you 2 are such a great inspiration in many way for many people! thank you so much!!!

    ps I love your Scrapbooking Divas article in Scrap Affairs :-))) So many pretty projects by you! well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy happy anniversary to such a hugely inspirational couple. May the next 34 be just as blessed

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is lovely! Happy anniversary to you both!!! God bless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a heartwarming post Lynette and so lovely to read :) You're an amazing person :)x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary! This is a wonderful post. Many wishes for another fabulous 34 :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations!!!! Your children and grandchildren as very lucky to have such a wonderful example of what marriage should look like!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥