Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Remember all the good times - My Minds Eye

This weekend my DH and youngest son is camping in the Baviaanskloof.  I marvel at how much the boys want to spend time with their father doing the things that they love and sharing it when him.  To me that means a whole weekend of scrapping....so in the next few days this little blog of mine is going to be flooded with layouts I have made or completed over this weekend.

Today I want to show you a layout I made based on the My Minds Eye February sketch challenge.  
 Supply list: Cardstock for matting: American craft; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Follow your heart); Title: My Minds Eye (The sweetest thing); Brads and buttons: My Minds Eye (Follow your heart); Chipboard heart: Maya Road; Glitter: Doodlebugs; Butterfly: Silhouette; Pearls: Prima; Rub on quote: Kaisercraft; Sketch: MME.

By now you know that I love stitching on my layout.  I also love the effect I get when I mat my patterned papers.
The butterfly is a Silhouette cutting file.  I used a scrap of  orange My Minds Eye paper from the Stella and Rose range and covered it with rock candy stickles...then I added pearls for the body.  I absolutely love the rub on's that Kaiserscraft makes.
I used this photo of me and my reflection.  I ♥♥♥ reflections and the way it can resemble an abstract painting .  I made the button border with buttons and a piece of brown twine.

Here is the sketch that was used for inspiration:

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a lovely Sunday.

xx

27 comments:

  1. You lucky lady having the whole weekend to scrap but I am so looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations. I think your photo is fantastic and I am loving the way you have been matting your pattern papers, it really makes everything pop. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, This is stunning. I truly adore your work! I can't see what you accomplished over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette! Nice to meet with you and your excellent work. Very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your layout is fabulous, so happy I have found your blog, great stuff going on here!! thanks for the lovely comment you left on my bog, so very sweet! how lucky you have a weekend to yourself, I don't think I have ever had that in my entire life...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful peaceful photo with the reflection in the water Lynette! You do such wonderful work with MME, you should be on their Design Team. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this on FB and it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I love love love love love that BEAUTIFUL photo of you.... loveeeeee the colors and the buttons and butterflies!!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Lynette. Great photo as well ... captures so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, loving all the details...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely LO! The touches of black are terrific and love the stitching! I really love the border of buttons and goodies from that line. Might have to scraplift that idea! ;) Great sketch. Might have to give that one a go too. Have a fun weekend scrapping. Alone time is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooo! This is gorgeous! Looove the way you captured the reflection in this photo! Also love the row of buttons and how you interpreted the sketch! WONDERFUL page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photo, Lynette! I am loving the sketch and your take on it. Just fabulous, my friend!!!! An absolutely lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo Lynette and I love your take on the sketch!! This is a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI.. I hope this finds you well.. this layout is stunning.. I think the photo is just perfect and the layout is uncluttered and really lovely!! and I look forward to seeing all the other layouts you have completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout Lynette! You are so rocking with these MME papers! love the sweet details and that fabulous photo! Beautiful work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lucky to have all that time, looking forward to your creations, love this one the pic is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning photo Lynette and your design really show cased it beautifully.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layout. I DO love that pic of you. I think it may be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! That's a beautiful photo, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darn I commented yesterday through my phone and it never worked!! Beautiful layout Lynette - so glad you got some quiet scrappy time. Love your dark matting that I've noticed is becoming your trademark...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Wow! Wow! I love this layout!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. That photo is soooooo awesome! I love your take on the sketch. Beautiful work. Your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning page for this breathtaking photo!! Gorgeous design and embellies!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful photo and a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lynette! What a lovely page, thank you for sharing! We used it for inspiration at our local scrap get-together, here's my scraplift: #0001 Thank you so much ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥