Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Keeping them from harm.

I have been quiet around here and it was not as a result of not having anything to say.  We have been very busy recruiting members for our neighborhood watch.  If I knew what hard work it is to get people to commit to doing their share, I might never have started this.  Last night our first patrols went out.  Neighbors are greeting each other again and getting to know each other....a positive spin off of the whole affair.
Friday nights are date night for Bianca and Eben.  This is how our little man fell asleep tonight.  He would love to have a human pillow.  When I look at him my heart swells with love. It is amazing how our hearts grow and expand with each little one that is added to our family.  Love increases with each new little one.  I wasn't going to blog about the storm that broke over this little one's head this week.  I pray that he will never know how small minded and petty some people are. The whole affair started on Facebook.  This week I realised again how easily people "talk" on Facebook without taking the feelings of others into account. I realised that people easily post things on Facebook that is hurtful and things which they will not have the guts to say to your face.  Eben posted a photo of his mom with Stefan with the comment "Ouma's big boy".  His parents have accepted Stefan as their own (and not step-grandson) and  Eben's brother and sister-in-law, who is expecting a baby girl in four weeks, is not happy with this.

The first comment was that he isn't of their BLOOD and that in 4 weeks the REAL grandchild will be born. Bianca was deeply hurt. She knows that a child doesn't grow in blood, they grow in your heart. She has learned that it is all about unconditional love.  His brother then commented that Eben isn't Stefan's REAL dad, it is his "so called fiance's" baby and Eben only "plays" dad over weekends. That hurt Eben.  He has an amazing relationship with this little man. Eben's brother doesn't accept his choice of wife-to-be and he does not accept that Stefan will be a full member of their family.  How is it possible for a grown man of 30 to feel threatened by a little baby?  The whole thing caused a split in the family. His mother was forced to choose. If she accepts Stefan as her grandson, she will not be allowed contact with her granddaughter when she is born.

I can't believe things like this still happen in this day and age.  Tonight I sat with his sleepy warmness against me and I want to shield him against all the pain and the ugliness of the world.  I am reminded that all I can do for him and for my other loved ones is to intercede and pray that they will taste love, joy and peace.  Then I have to trust that He who holds all things, will work all things to the good of those who love Him.

xx

PS: On the 21st February, Eben's brother apologised for his behaviour...so all ends well, praise the Lord.

27 comments:

  1. This makes me so very sad! Such innocence and people are being so petty. Do they not realise there isn't a finite amount of love? E's mom can love BOTH of them.

    I was just thinking "all I can do is pray for you" and then I read your last bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it all! It's just very sad that there are people who just don't accept that the sky is big enough for all birds to fly. It breaks my heart. We cam only hope and pray. Poor E and his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad state of affairs. They must be very insecure. How can people not have enough room in their hearts for all the children? They should feel blessed to have the little ones in their lives. Shame on them and what an awful place to put the mother in. :( Hope things improve in the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* this makes me so sad ... when I met Brian 8 years ago, I was a single Mom of an 8 year old son named Adam ... when him and I became serious, Adam became Brian's son -- and Brian's parents became Nana and Papa ... period. end of story. I didn't ask any Brian or Brian's family to do this, it was their choice, their decision. Anytime ANYONE said to my in-laws that Adam was their 'step-son' -- they immediately said, "No, this is OUR GRANDSON" ... too bad not everyone has this mind set ... there is all ready too much ugly in the world ... petty things like this does nothing for the children.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart aches for you all. So unnecessary. Sending you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad but things will work out lots of prayers & hugs. So much pettiness in our world today not enough love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just looking at this beautiful baby sleeping so peacefully and then reading about the words from Facebook just astound me. How stupid people can be.. Blood does not make a family love does.. And I hope your love will encircle him and teach him to love others too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful and sad this is Lynette. I'm so sorry your family has to go thru this, some people can be so hurtfull. I believe family comes from heart and not just by blood. We have a new adopted boy in our family and I love him just as much as the others and consider him family without a doubt.

    I hope his family changes their minds on this and realize what a blessing both grandkids can be.

    Hugs and prayers Lynette that this works out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pathetic but also so typical of people. There seem to be so many small-minded people in this world that are just jealous of others' happiness. It is their loss - Stefan has a wonderful, loving family already and if the rest of them don't want to include him it will be their loss. Just focus on the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette, this is so sad. Children are such a blessing and so innocent. I pray that your family find the strength, courage, and love to overcome this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart goes out to you, Lynette. I have an adopted daughter from China and have heard it all, believe me. He will know that he is surrounded by love from everyone around him. You will all be there for him as he grows up, and his life will be full because he has you in it. I am sure of this. Thank you for sharing the lovely photo and your love for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet and loving post. It's amazing that the choices of others can effect such a precious life. I am so grateful that he has you to love him like you do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is really really sad that they are putting her in that position. For what reason? Aai, sometimes I think that adults are more like toddlers than anything else and really need to learn compassion. And some adults need to learn to stand up for themselves and do the right thing.
    Life hey, it take all sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame girl...sorry that people sometime can be so silly...TIME works wonders! I pray many blessings on your whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh..... I can only see how narrow these people are, I pray that things will be better for this little man and you lovely family, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kudos to you for getting the neighborhood watch started!

    Pride is the root of all evil. I hope and pray the family will be able to let love for each other grow in their hearts. He is such a sweet little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute kid. To what some people are angry ... I pray to God to protect the baby from harm and human malevolence.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot believe what I've just read Lynette. It saddens me that grown adults can act this way and hurt people's feelings the way the do. How can you not love this beautiful baby? Hugs and prayers to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sad. Praying for God to bring reconciliation, love and joy where there is now pain, strife, and sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so terribly awful :( I had a comment along these lines about the colour of my kids skin on Friday night - I was so angry!!

    I can't ever imagine asking my mother to choose :-/ That is not proper at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Lynette, how very sad. How can they not understand that in the total scheme of things in life, there is more than enough love for both these little babies? Taht love conquers all, that hearst hold infinite love for all.

    At the same time I am also angry - angry that an obviously willing "grandmother" gets bullied into witholding love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This post made me both angry and sad. What kind of adult is this? How horrible for him to put their Mom in a position where she needs to choose! Sjoe. Some serious growing up needed there. Can't believe he feels threatened by a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so very sad indeed that a son would put his mother in that position and say such hurtful things to his brother.

    urgh! People....

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautifully written Lynnette. Your heartfelt account brought tears to my eyes and touched my heart in a very deep way. May God continue to fill your heart with faith and love and to show His love to others through you!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad that the healing has begun. I will pray for continued healing and rebuilding of close family ties. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥