Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What a Cutie Pie - Sketch N Scrap - My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing)

Oops!  I am a day late in posting my Sketch N Scrap layout.  Please go and visit the blog to see what beautiful work was done by the DT.  Here is my take on the sketch:
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned paper: My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing Lavender); All Embellishments: My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing Lavender); Cutting file: Silhouette.
 I have said it so many times that you must be sick of it.  I adore My Minds Eye.  I love how everything coordinate and look beautiful together.
...I am also loving my Silhouette Cameo.  The best gift my DH ever bought me.  I love how neatly it cuts and how easy and user friendly the software is.
I surprised myself at what a delight it is for me to hand sew on my layouts.  I love that everything is still relatively flat and yet the stitching brings so much texture and just finishes off the layout perfectly.

Here is the sketch by Lisa Hidy:

Today I received some "happy mail".  Three parcels came from the US with gorgeous papers and embellishments.  

One of the parcels are my Studio Callico December kit.  I love it that the kit will not tie me down to only Christmas themed layouts.  I believe my scrapping style have evolved over the past year and that I now prefer creating "flatter" layouts that don't add bulk to my albums.

I hope you will find lots of time to play along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap! This month we are pleased to welcome back our fun and very generous sponsor, A Flair for Buttons!  Hop on over to visit A Flair for Buttons
Now it's time to get your scrap on! Remember to play along:
1. Visit someone else's link and leave a comment on their blog
2. Link your layout up by clicking on the Froggy link in the sidebar
NOTE: Don't forget to link to the direct post of this weeks challenge on your blog!

Have fun! We can't wait to see what you create! :) 
Remember each submission will give you ONE entry into our monthly random draw for a chance to win the  January prize!
So get those layouts started! International players are welcome, but  they will be asked to pay shipping on their prize should they win.
Link up your layout by Thursday January 31st at midnight PST!

xx

20 comments:

  1. Hello Lynette!! WOW, this layout is full of yummy colors and fun!! I love it and the pictures are CUTE!

    Hoping to get lots of scrapping done this year, wish me luck and send me some of your creativness for colors and style!!

    Thank you for being so awesome in 2012, always there for support and a warm hello. Thankful to have you on my side for the journey again in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, she is a cutie pie!

    I love how you stitched around your tag. It's a little detail that makes a BIG impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just sooo beautiful. Love all the little details and of course the subjects are adorable.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this page it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are turning me into an MME fan too and can't wait to go shopping in a couple of weeks. How do you find the patience for hand stitching? I take my hat off to you for such a great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Lynette, and I agree MME is so fabulous!! Love the sweet colors on this, with your photo and the gorgeous scallop pattern you did! Have fun with your new goodies!! I like creating "flat" layouts too, because then you can cram a lot more in your albums!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love this! LOVING those sweet photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeee the layered circles and stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so sweet, it just match perfectly with the precious you had there, and what a great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI.. What a sweet layout, love the scallops under the photo.. I have heard others say they love their cameo, so I look forward to seeing you use yours more!! and it is so good to get some happy mail occasionally!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And she really is a cutie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout, colors, photos, etc. I have a new cameo and while cut outs are easy there are many things I need to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lynette, thanks for stopping by to tell me the good news!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful, Lynette!!! I love your take on the sketch and those adorable photos couldn't be any cuter. the scallops look amazing and I really like your colors, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love "My Mind's Eye" and you did a splendid layout with it..as always!! happy New Year Lynette and wishing you all you would wish for yourself!1xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE your take on the sketch!! The scalloped circles are beautiful and the stitching is gorgeous!!! I'm a huge fan of MME too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie pie and that rabbit's cute too! Gorgeous page. Love what your doing with the Silhouette - so creative!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. A darling layout....love the colors, pp, scalloped edges, and stitching! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layout Lynette....I love the sweet photo and the beautiful papers! I see you are loving your new toy and so great to see all the beautiful cuts! Congrats on your other layout feature at My Minds Eye...it's really awesome and so nice to be recognised!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥