Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Santa Oupa - Scrap Africa

It is the end of 2012 and time for the final reveal over at Scrap Africa.  I started this layout inspired and ended up redoing nearly all of it...but I will show you my first attempt at the end of this post ;-)

 Here is my layout based on Evgenia's sketch. The photo was taken on Christmas Eve in 2011.  It was so funny, the children had big eyes for Father Christmas (that is what we call him in South Africa) but every time they received a gift from him...they said "Dankie Oupa".  (Thank You Oupa).  They weren't fooled for a moment.
 Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned paper: The background is one of the (very) old Basic Grey lines and the other fron Fancy Pants (Christmas Magic line).  Santa and Reindeer: EK Success (Jolee's by You); Pearls: Fabscraps; Burlap and ric rac: from my stash; Title: Silhouette and Basic Grey.

I was inspired by  Denise van Deventer's "pearls on strings".  I asked her permission to do my own version with stitching between the pearls...I love how it turned out.


I had this very old "Santa and reindeer" sticker sitting in my stash for the past 4 years.

 I also want to credit Daniela Dobson, the snowflake Silhouette studio cut file is her creation and available free on her blog.  I added some Glossy Accents and then dusted glitter over it.

Here is Evgenia's sketch:

Oh yes...I haven't forgotten that I was going to share my first attempt with you. 
As you can see...it just didn't work.  Have you made a layout and then had to take it apart and re-make it to your satisfaction...or do you just throw it away when it isn't to your liking?


The random prize up for grabs with this challenge is FabScraps

FabScraps

Please visit their blog if you would like to see their full range of goodies.


You have until the 14th January to submit your entries.

xx

11 comments:

  1. Love love love love your lo (even the first one! LOL!!) I loveeeeee the stitching, the pearls and loving that photo and mesh material!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette this is an awesome creation and I might just scrap lift your beautiful pearls on a string. I had a good chuckle at Oupa Christmas. Wishing you a wonderful 2013 and may it be all you want it to be. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both my kids have never been into the whole sitting on Santa's lap thing. It freaks them out! So although Santa brings them some gifts, we just avoid him in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing page, Lynette!! LOVE the texture from the burlap material and the effect with the pearls and stitching is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun creation! Love the texture and gorgeous details!!!! Especially those little ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lo and those sewn pearl strings look so pretty and festive.
    How funny that the kids knew it was grand dad all the time :-) //Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous layout and love the sentiment of it too! My father or brother normally play Santa...but my son does not suspect anything yet...he just knows Santa and loves that he comes!! I love the string pearls and the accents..and the sewing! Gorgeous work as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout. Thanks so much for downloading and using my file!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to be behind on your blog, lots of good and pretty and fun and sweet pictures here you've shared. I skimped them all and love it all. How fun to go back in past Christmas too, love that idea.

    Keep scrapping Lynette, you have a natural gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Lo!!!
    I love the stitching, looks great with pearls :))
    Happy New Year :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty layout...love the stitched pearls, the neat texture, and your Silhouette title! A great redo on the original. And, yes, I have redone some of my layouts, I figure it is better to redo than to be forever unhappy with the original! Thanks again for you inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥