Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My HAPPY place - Studio Calico Dec kit

On Wednesday when I found out that we have been burgled during the night, I was thrown totally off balance.  My peace had left the building.  I tried to scrap...but just couldn't get my mind quiet enough to become creative. It still amazes me how this sort of thing can totally mess with your head.  We have now installed cameras right around our home, put movement detection lights at the same points as the cameras.  Our security company also installed the garden beams on Friday...so last night for the first time since Wednesday I had a decent night's sleep....and today I scrapped.  I found two challenges on the web that I decided to combine...but first let me show you what my layout looks like.
 Supplies used:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: Studio Calico - Looky There and Constellation, Crate Paper - Sleigh Ride Deck the Halls; Basic Grey - Fact or Fiction, Rub ons: Daisy D's and Scenic Route; Chipboard heart: Maya Road; Alphabet: Lily Bee; Die cuts: Silhouette Studio.  The kit I used is mainly the Studio Calico Dec Kit.
 I found this very old rub on by Daisy D.  It must be one of the first items I purchased when I started scrapping.  I loved their products...and today they don't even exist anymore.  My DH is truly my HAPPY PLACE.  As long as I am with him...I am happy.
 Oops!  I see my one arrow fell off when I photographed the layout ;-)

I love my Silhouette Studio...and the cuts it makes are so delicate. 

This man and woman icons are a Scenic Route rub on...another company that didn't survive the economic downturn.   The little heart is by Maya Road and I covered it in Melisa Francis glitter.

I am playing along with Creative Scrappers Sketch #243:

I am also playing along with ScrapFIT's colour challenge:


These calming colours were sure to put me in the right frame of mind.  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

xx

25 comments:

  1. Stunning layout my friend. You have a gorgeous style. Yes its so ironic that crminals are roaming free whilst the innocent are prisoners in their own homes.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, everything about this LO!!! You have used your kit so well! Love that title and the use of the rub-ons is great! Yay to old with new!!! It really works and gives such an original look. Beautiful photo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee the colors, the pennants and loving that title ... so beautiful and touching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout Lynette, I love the title you cut out from your silhouette studio, hmm.... that could be my next buy?
    I am glad to hear that you finally have a peaceful night of sleep, nothing more precious than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun,beautiful and creative LO my friend,looove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. I am so glad you have some peace of mind and feel safer now.. surely no one will dare to come near you now.. I hope they all stay away... your layout is really lovely.. such a beautiful feel to it, romantic and full of love.. a great sketch you have followed too... Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How terrifying to get burgled! So glad you're okay!

    Your layout is gorgeous, as is the photo!

    Love your take on the sketch and all your perfect little details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This LO is totally gorgeous, cannot wait till I get my Silhouette Cameo, to produce beautiful accents like you do...♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect take on the challenges & you are doing great things with your Cameo! Sorry about your break-in! Crime is the one terrible thing about this country and the shame is it could be stopped, but as you say, they get away with it every time & either way we lose. Either they steal our property or we have to give our money to the security companies. It sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! So,happy you are sleeping better. And I love the 3 colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous layout with beautiful colors! Loving you take on the sketch and the cameo title...might have a buy one for myself! Glad to hear that you are sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I'm catching up with your blog tonight. I'm so sorry that your purse was stolen. I hope that the new security measures you've put in place will prevent anything like that from ever happening again.

    I'm glad that you and your husband have been indulging in date nights--hope that's still going well. Scott and I have "date night" twice per week, and it really makes life much happier and more romantic, I think.

    As for your layout--I love it! The pale blue cutwork in the background is so delicate and gorgeous, and your title work is brilliant. I'm also impressed at how you used up some old supplies, yet the layout looks so trendy and fresh. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette your LO looks so peaceful and serene - it seems that managed to escape from all the turmoil. i pray that God will restore your inner peace! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynette, I am so glad to hear you were able to get some more security measures in place and that you were able to rest!! Your layout is beautiful! I love the Silhouette cuts you made and the banner turned out great! Beautiful use of the ScrapFIT Color Scheme! Thanks for playing along with us @ Creative Scrappers and ScrapFIT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colour scheme, and love the serenity of the whole scrap! I can see "happy"!

    Glad you are feeling safer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layout Lynette...I love the sentiment, the beautiful cuts and accents! Such a super photo too! Hope you are feeling a little more peaceful and secure....you are loved and looked after always!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is stunning Lynette! You are doing amazing things with your Silhouette! You inspire me to use mine a lot more than I do. Gorgeous photo of you and your hubby. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I'm so sorry about the burglary. That must leave you feeling so unsettled. I'm glad the security measures have given you some peace. What a gorgeous page!! Your love for your DH shines here!! Great take on the challenges!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to hear about the burglary. I know the feeling. When I'm in Philippines we almost killed one. Thank God for the angels who whispered, "let him go"
    Very nice layout as always. Love the pictures. you guys are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your layout is so wonderful and very heartwarming! I love the photo and how you scrapped it with the colors and sketch! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! I really love all your Cameo cuts :) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lynette, I need to come over and get you to teach me how to use my Cameo (it's still in its box). LOL!
    Your take on the sketch is just wonderful and I love the beautiful balance of colours with the pop of red glitter on the heart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fabulous page great colours and cut work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, I love your crisp, clean style- stunning work!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥