Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Curious little one - My Minds Eye (Miss Caroline)

Here is another layout I created with the November Scrapbook Studio kit.  My Minds Eye is my absolute favourite paper manufacturer and it is always a pleasure scrapping with one of their lines.  The photo of my cute little grandson was taken in a store while he was clowning around with sunglasses.


Step one:  Cut cardstock to 30cm x 30cm
 Step two:  Cut three blocks 15cm x 15cm….and place it on the page.
Step three:  I found a template for chevrons on the internet, printed it out and used it to trace and cut my chevrons from the printed papers.  I wanted a pop of red and dug into my stash to find some red printed paper with white polka dots 
 Step four:  I wanted to combine two of the latest crazes…pennants and chevrons.  So I cut various lengths of printed paper for the pennants. Cut v’s in the edge and pasted it down.

 Step five:  I am using a 5x7inch photo and placed it to get the correct placing for my chevrons.

 Step six: Place your chevrons and paste down.
Step seven:  finish off with embellishments.

You can find the November kit at the Scrapbook Studio store

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lynette! This is fantastic and I love the step by step, this gives me some ideas. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, this is a totally amazing page! Love the way you put these colors and patterns together from MME! And those chevrons are totally awesome!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as usual! Don't faint, but I actually scrapped two pages this weekend. Felt great to just sit and play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super colourful page Lynette. I must make myself some templates (when I get some spare time!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I loveeeee that precious photo and love love love all the pennants and chevrons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LO Lynette. And that picture is soooooooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun layout Lynette. I love your step-by-step instruction on how to put this fun page together and oh boy, isn't he cute?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! After sorting out my scrapbooking paper yesterday I am determined to actually do at least one page this week :) I have 4 kits from Scrapkits I haven't even opened :((

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie!! And you created a fabulous page with just the right mood for that fun photo!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this picture is too cool for words! so cute! :-))) and you did an excellent job to capture the fun mood of it with your LO! so colorful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout of your scrap booking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute! Love the photo Lynette. It's great to see how you've put your page together. Beautiful layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is certainly a little number!!!! Love this Lynette...so very bright and happy..just fits so perfectly with that sweet little photo! Super layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you used so many patterns on this cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an adorable layout, Lynette! I love the bright colour combo & the photo is just priceless <3

    Loved seeing your tutorial too...fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love everything about your layout....great colors & photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a DARLING layout and I absolutely LOVE the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet and bright and beautifully layered!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! What a cute photo! Love all the bright colors and patterns you used to scrap it. WONDERFUL page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very good layout to sell as a kit/lesson. Easy to follow & trendy too!! Cute photo and love the bright papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Thanks for instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a sunny and happy layout!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥