Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Love Books *Sketch N Scrap* - My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing)

This is my first layout for Sketch N Scrap.  Please visit the blog and have a look at what the other DT members created.  There is also some fabulous prizes up for grabs if you are going to play along with the challenge. 

Here is the layout I created:
Supply list  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Printed paper: My Minds Eye (The sweetest thing); Stickers and brads: My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing); Alpha:  American Craft; Other: Crafters Workshop stencil, gesso, DMC cotton; Silhouette machine.
Here is Lisa's sketch.

I wanted to try something different this time round.  I want to experiment with stencils and gesso.  I want to show you the process of this layout.
 First I cut my printed paper slightly smaller than the bazzill cardstock because I wanted the bazzill to form the frame.
 I then decided that I don't want to cut another circle from printed paper.  I wanted to stencil a circle onto my background.
 I positioned my circle in the middle of the paper and carefully started to apply the gesso.
 I loved the texture the gesso adds.
 I then wanted to define my circle so I drew a circle around the stenciled pattern.
 I used my paper pierce tool and piercing mat and pierced holes along my circle.
 Then followed the stitching.
 For my horizontal strip of paper, I cut some chevron patterns from the printed paper.
 I inked the edges and pasted it onto my background paper.  I love the result, but this sketch called for 4 photos and therefore I proceeded to cover nearly my whole background.  Crazy I know...maybe I will do this again in the future and then just paste one focal photo onto my created background.  I guess this is how we learn;-)
 A close up of one of the clusters.  The doily was cut with the Silhouette.
 Another little cluster.
I love how my title turned out.  I cut the "love" word with my Silhouette.  Lastly I added some cross stitching to the sides of my photos.


And now for the PRIZES!!!

First up is this exciting PRIZE donated by Amy Edwards, CTMH consultant and SR DT member, kit is called Jingle. You can find even more great CTMH products at Amy's website:http://paisleyscraps.ctmh.com/


AND

another lucky winner will win this PRIZE:

 Christmas Washi Tape prize from Shrekphoebe etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shekphoebe?ref=seller_info
 

Isn't that awesome??? You have TWO PRIZES you are playing for this month and an extra sketch to get you motivated along with many more Design Team members to keep you inspired! So grab those photos and get to work. We can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)

Uploading your layout to the sidebar will enter you into our monthly drawing for the PRIZES above from CTMH & Shrekphoebe etsy shop. In order to qualify for the prizes, please be sure to do the following:

1. Visit someone else's link and leave a comment on their blog
2. Link your layout up by clicking on the Froggy link in the sidebar of the Sketch N Scrap blog.
NOTE: Don't forget to link to the direct post of this weeks challenge on your blog!
Have fun! We can't wait to see what you create! :) 
Remember each submission will give you ONE entry into our monthly random draw for a chance to win the  December prize!
So get those layouts started! International players are welcome, but  they will be asked to pay shipping on their prize should they win.
Link up your layout by Monday, December 31st at midnight PST!


14 comments:

  1. Let me try again. I love it. Thanks for the inspiration with gesso along with Helen. I am off to find some on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this layout. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your take on the sketch and all the details you captured! Absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love how you did that background, the stitching and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful page, and I like how you show step-by-step to get there too, awesome post!!!! Oh ya, and I might check that challenge blog out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic that masked effect! and love the way you used the four photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Lynette...gesso is sooo much fun and regardless of the fact that you covered your beautiful pattern, I still love that the pattern just peeks through everything else here and there..very charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its gorgeous & has so much texture, I must try some gesso - have never used it & you made it look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette another beautiful layout. Love the hand stitching circle.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, she is growing up too fast! What a beautiful young lady :)

    Love this layout! I'm so impressed with your gesso masking technique. I have all the supplies but have yet to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that mask Lynette...really super! Love the details on this layout...like the sewing and accents! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It brings joy to my heart to see you growing in leaps and bounds on your scrappy journey!! I can see that you are BACK!!! Have a wonderful Christmas with your gorgeous munchkins xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous!! Love the stenciled and stitched circle. What a fabulous technique!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥