Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Life is Good *Scrap Africa* - Creative Imagination IOD Devotion

Hi friends, the challenge this month at Scrap Africa is hosted by Elizna Parsons and the challenge is to use a film strip on your layout or project.  I have had a Creative Imaginations film strip in my stash for ages and I used half of it on this layout.  Please visit the blog at Scrap Africa to see the gorgeous and diverse projects the Design Team made.
Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: Creative Imaginations IOD (Devotions); Flowers: Prima: Crystal Swirl: Prima; Title and backgroud cut by Silhouette.

I always found this paper a tad busy so I cut this trellis out of cardstock and layered it over the patterned paper.
I love the effect of the trellis over the roses.  I cut the title with my Silhouette and then gave it a glossy accent finish.
I also cut a smaller shaped die cut to go behind the photos and then layered the crystal swirl, some vines and leaves and flowers to the corner.

Other awesome news is that Scrap Africa is featured in Issue 27 of Scrap Affairs.  The magazine is available at CNA,



Our sponsor this month is


The prize is 2 cute button packs.  One randomly chosen winner, will find these buttons in their Christmas stocking!!! ;-)



Secondly, our faithful sponsor FabScraps
Check out the wonderful goodies below.

FabScraps

You have until 31st December to upload your projects.  Please come and play along with us.

xx

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lynette...I love this layout...the colouring, softness and the photo is gorgeous! Stunning work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful paper and all the pretty details, what a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette, your page is just gorgeous. Love how everything just work so perfectly together. Love the flowers. Thanks I will definitely get the latest Scrap Affairs.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {Doing Life – 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is absolutely beautiful, Lynette. I love the layered trellis, your photos, and your awesome design!!! I am going to check out Scrap Africa right now, too! Here's wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a neat idea to use the trellis as a way of toning down tha beautiful but busy design.Your lo is just super -feminine and pretty.
    I can tell you are content and happy with your new toy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a gorgeous woman and this is such a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being included in the feature!! Such a gorgeous page with your flowers and trellis!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background. I have been wanting to try one of them. You have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...hello Senior Citizen! Congrats on getting famous in your old age...LOL. Only kidding. I LOVE this layout. In fact, I love any layout of a Mommy with her new babe. This is just beautiful.
    ps...I haven't been commenting because I've had a crazy busy time in the last while. I'm so glad you are all OK after your scare. Thank You God for your mercy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥