Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I love you - My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell)

Hi my dear friends.  Thank you for leaving such lovely messages after our scare on Friday last week.  We have now upgraded our security system that will now include beams in our garden.  We are also now actually setting the alarm at night:-)  The first few days I found myself checking and re-checking doors and windows...totally paranoid.  The first night after the intruder came into our house I actually didn't want to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...too afraid that I would trip over somebody on my way there.  It is surprising the tricks your mind plays on you.

We are having the usual organised chaos that leads up to Christmas.  Our kiddies at the Mission are being spoiled with quite a number of parties this year and it is a joy to see how much they love being made such a fuss of.  Last night K and I went to his annual Sages golf Christmas dinner.  I sat there in amazement when it hit me.....we are now being counted among the SENIORS....(rolling eyes).  On Friday evening we are having our cell group Christmas dinner.  We will miss our special friends as many of them will be away over the festive period.

Anyhow...today I scrapped another newborn photo shoot photo of B and Stefan.  Yes...I used my Silhouette on this one too.  Have I told you how much I LOVE my new Silhouette?
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned paper: My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell); Background Template and title:  Silhouette; Velvet blooms:  Maya Road; Doily: Websters; Flower: Prima; Journaling card and dots:  My Minds Eye (The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell); Quote rub on:  Kaisercraft; Other:  Stitching template and DMC embroidery floss, Martha Stewart Punch.

Here is a couple of close-ups:
I have developed a love for hand stitching.
The lovely Silhouette title.
The Websters doily.
I love the Kaisercraft rub on quotes...it always adds so much to a layout.

So what have you been up to?

xx

15 comments:

  1. Love your layout and really, Lynette - you handstitched all that???? Impressive!!

    Glad you've upped the security and the paranoia is part of getting through it.

    I am just as paranoid about my iphone now - it NEVER leaves my sight and when I'm in a shopping mall, I CLUTCH my bag to me - it's actually sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing page. I love your style! It is totally different to mine but I love it nonetheless. Great job & I am still so happy for you that you have more desire to create now & that you are finding the time to enjoy the therapy. I'm sending my computer away for safekeeping on Friday morning then we are off on holiday for a month so this is goodbye & have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Lynette! I love the mix of Green, Blue, and Yellow! And the triangles with the stitching are fabulous!! And the photos are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! I love love love the photos, the colors, the STITCHING... wow!!! And so glad you have stepped up security! That is great! And glad the kids at the mission are having a wonderful holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that fantastic background! You are very creative Lynette!!! Beautiful layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout. I received the Silhouette for my birthday. It will do so many things do I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout & hope you are more secure after your scare. enjoy the Christmas crazy time its all good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI, I hope you can return to calm in your heart soon, I am sure it has been a very upsetting thing to have happen... Your layout looks amazing, I love all the triangles and the stitching around them.. love the title too.. and adorable photos and wonderful quote. a really beautiful layout.. I have been busy getting organized for Christmas, sorting recipes and dong the cards that i send out each year.. so not much happening in my scrap room, but that is ok.. Christmas is a busy and wonderful time of the year.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette, sometimes it takes an incident to make us aware that we have let ourselves be a little complacent. However, that still doesn't make it any less frightening. So glad that your family is okay and that God was watching over you.
    Your layout is breathtaking and I gave a deep sigh when I first saw it. You sure are a whiz on that Silhouette. The patterned paper is just gorgeous and I love the stitching and the beautiful title quote.
    Again, glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Lynette..i love the sewing, punched borders and the softness of your layout! So very special!
    I have a house full of children, with my hubbies 2 boys, it makes 3 boys....LOL...keeping me on my toes! This is what Christmas time is all about!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just STUNNING!!! I LOVE the stitching and all the cuts too. Absolutely gorgeous!!! So glad you stepped up security...and still so thankful you all are ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so eyecatching, Lynette...I love the patchwork effect with the stitching in between the "patches"...gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I so love your patchwork background. Simply stunning!! ~ Blessings, Tracey http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your background and stitching are over the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥