Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

When happiness follows heartbreak

Who would have though?

When we go through periods of heartbreak and when we feel that all hope is gone...although God tells us that He works all things to the good of those who love Him....we still can never imagine that out of the brokenness will flow so much delight and so much happiness.

Two years ago both Kobus and I were heartbroken when our daughter, Bianca disappeared during the night.  For more than a year we were consumed with worry and heartache for this daughter of my heart that have lost her way and was on the road to self destruction.  When she phoned us in September last year to tell us that she is pregnant and needed to get out of the bad situation she have gotten herself, we did not hesitate, we did not reproach her.  We loved her unconditionally and made arrangements to fetch her.

She got back home and immediately started on her way back to recovery.  She wanted this baby.  She wanted him to have blessings and not curses on his life...so she went for counseling and deliverance.

We loved Stefan way before his was born.  This child brought peace and sanity back into a chaotic situation.  This little man is a bundle of giggles and the happiest baby I have ever seen. On top of that he is gorgeous (said like a proud granny).  It is such a blessing and delight to have him and his mamma in our home.
Shortly after Stefan was born we met Eben.  He has been friends with Bianca for the past 5 years and have loved her through the good and the bad times in her life.
He was so in love with Stefan that at a stage I asked him "Vry jy na Bianca, of na Stefan".  (are you courting Bianca or Stefan).  His answer was "Nee Tannie, beslis vir Stefan, Bianca wil nie vry nie".  (he made a joke of it and said that it is obviously Stefan he was after).  Kobus and I both liked this young man a lot from the first time he started visiting Bianca.  In actual fact we found it highly amusing that Bianca, who is known for not really "being into" family and a bit of a rebel when it comes to many other things, fell in love with such an "old fashioned" young man.  He loves family and has very high moral standards for life in general.
On Friday evening Eben told us that he wanted to talk to us.  He then asked us permission to get engaged to Bianca.  See....pretty traditional young man;-)  They aren't planning to get married for the next two years.
So last night we celebrated their engagement.  I was humbled again at how much the Lord loves us and how His Word is always true.  Out of so much heartbreak came indescribable joy.

xx

28 comments:

  1. Lynette, thank you for sharing this special joy in your life after so much heartbreak. I know you must be so thrilled and thanking our Lord! I am so happy for you all!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for His little and big mercies and yes all thing work together for our good and in all things we have to count it all joy. It's such great news to know that at the end of the tunnel there is light. Wish them a happy engagement and hope they enjoy the start of their life together.

    Congrats proud mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having tears of joy for you my friend! What a wonderful outcome to a once bad situation. The Lord works in misterious ways. Congratulations to the happy couple. May this be the start of a wonderful life ahead.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Congratulations! That is awesome! And amazing how lives can be changed so:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. So happy for you and Kobus and Biance and Stefan.

    Sometimes we have to go through the valleys in order to stand on the mountain tops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...I LOVED reading this. So, so happy for you all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hormones! Here I sit crying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story! Congratulations, and I agree he is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What a fairy tale happy ending. Absolutely delighted x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. What a full circle with Happy endings.
    God is so faithful if we will but wait and trust.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news my friend, I am so thrilled for both you & K and B!

    Yay.

    Just shows that God is always at our side, even in our moments of doubt.

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic news!
    So glad to hear!
    So pleased that it all turned out well!

    Thanks for sharing, Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lynette, this is just the most amazing, stunning news. What a blessing little Stefan has been and now this huge extra blessing added.

    Huge congratulations to yo all

    ReplyDelete
  14. A breathtaking outcome!
    I marvel with you at God's ability to turn ashes into beauty and sorrow into dancing . . .
    I wish all of you every joy
    Much love
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sjoe. I cried through your beautiful story. God is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *ahem* I very nearly cried too - I think I'm just too tired it's so late :)

    But I am AMAZED as always at how God turns things around. He is an AWESOME AWESOME God.

    I love Eben's heart!!!! And his old-fashioned ness :)

    Congrats to you all on the engagement.

    PS the first time someone called me Tannie was also in PE and I was about 28. I was MORTIFIED. Then again the boy was about 18 and I'd let him drive in front of me at Metlife Plaza. So he said out the window, "dankie Tannie" :) My husband laughed and laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baie geluk sommer trane in my oe gekry, en gelag vir die "Bianca wil nie vry nie"
    Die Here is goed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynette, posts don't usually make me cry, but I have real tears flowing and I am so very happy that Bianca has found her way. I know that the love and support that you and Kobus have given her, with guidance from the Lord, that she has finally come out of the dark. I pray that the happiness does not end here. Stefan is such a joy in all of your lives, and I hope that he always knows the love that you all bestow upon him. It seems this little one has brought everyone back together as a family. God has his plan for us. Yes, he is an awesome God. Bless all of you Lynette.
    Love and Blessings my friend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations & what a mighty God we serve. Its just lovely for such happiness to flow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy for Bianca and the whole family. Just a reminder once again that God's plans are bigger than our dreams :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet story this is Lynette, LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for sharing this good news with us, SO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!! I'm sending them prayers, hugs and wishes for a happy engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh lynette!!! this is wonderful. so happy for you and her:) happy happy happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy for you and your family. God restores what was lost. Blessings to you. Lots of love across the miles

    ReplyDelete
  24. And through it all you guys remained faithful and steadfast! I am just overjoyed for you and your family. Expecially for Bianca - to see her smiling, happy and settled is just miraculous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Lynette - I am so happy that everything has worked out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  26. CONGRATS to the beautiful and happy couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful story, Lynette!! Right out of the Bible...the Prodigal Son, but in your family's case, the Prodigal Daughter. Love to hear how God has restored the situation with her and sent someone to love her and the baby!! Congrats on their engagement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥