Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snail Hunters *Scrapbook Studio*

Here is another layout I created this month with the November Scrapbook Studio kit.
I took these cute photos of my grandchildren the morning after a sleepover.  They wanted to play outside early the morning and when we let them out they started searching for snails.  To their delight they had these snails glide over their arms.

Step one:  Cut two cardstock to 30cm x 30cm
Step two:  Cut a 29cm diameter circle from Crate Paper: Portrait Collection Bouquet.  Cut a 10 x 10 cm from Crate Paper: Portrait Collection Traditions for your journaling block.
Step three:  Cut three strips by two.  I cut along the pattern of the black lacy paper of the Crate paper: Portrait Collection: Tradition.  I then split the lacy paper in two halves to go across the page.  The other two strips I edged with a border punch.
Step four:  Cut circles various sizes and lay out your basic layout to get the placement of the various circles.
Step five:  Paste down the large circle with 7,5 cm on the left page.  Paste down the strips, bottom strip is approximately 11 cm from the bottom. Then paste down the circles according to your placements.
Step six:  I added some very old “raindrops” by Cloud 9 Design.
Step seven:  I coloured  the chipboard alphabet with a black marker.

You can find the November kit at the Scrapbook Studio store.

xx


9 comments:

  1. This double Lo is so cute, Lynette. Love these lovely warm papers and these photos are just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors, the circles and LOVING the border punches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if I've said this before, but I'll say it again anyway...you are definitely the doubles queen, Lynette! I love looking at your double pages - something that not many people do these days. Love the bright fun colours & the fab design on this one. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! It's very cheery and happy, Lynette.
    Have a sweet Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day!! Although, I'm not so sure about snails sliding on my arm - lol!! Love the repeated circles. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Crazy kids!! I hate the thought of snails gliding over my body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable Lynette!! Love the fun use of the circles on this one and it looks like they had such a fun time snail hunting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tutorial. I love big circles on two-page LO's. And I love how the punched strips tie the whole design together across the two pages. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥