Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scrap Africa - Chevron challenge - Echo Park (Sweet Summertime)

It is time for Challenge 11 on the Scrap Africa blog.  The theme for this challenge is all about chevrons.  You can make a card or layout and the chevrons must be noticed at first glance.  Go and check out the lovely layouts  and card that the design team made.


This is my layout:
Supply list: Printed paper:  My Minds Eye (lost and found), Echo Park (Sweet Summertime); Stickers: My Minds Eye (Fine and Dandy); Denim Pocket: Handwork Stickers; Brads: My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy); Ribbon: My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy); Felt butterfly: Basic Grey (Lemonade); Chevron Template:  Silhouette Cameo.

Here are some close up views of the layout:
I don't often combine different lines...but here it worked well.
I am loving my Silhouette Cameo...and will be using it a lot.  I love how this little denim pocket embellishment echo's the shape of the chevron.

There are some super prizes up for grabs.

Our sponsor is the South African chipboard company celebr8
the lucky winner will get the prize worth 250 Rand (about 30USD)




Design team member Denise is  hosting this challenge and she is also offering a little challenge "sweetener" ;-)
So there is a second prize, also to the value of R250.
    
Both prizes will be drawn randomly.

You have until the 30th of November!

xx

16 comments:

  1. Wow stunning! And so cool-looking with the framework and all the different patterned papers. Really packs a punch! Lovely photo too.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautifully creative. Love the colours and design. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Love how you used your Silhouette to create this fresh take on chevrons. Stunning page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally beautiful page Lynette!! LOVE your Silhouette cut chevron in the black with the fun bright patterns behind it!! My new favorite!! :) Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a bright and happy page Lynette! Simply love the chevron template you've cut on your Cameo and that little denim pocket is just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. oh wow what an eye catching layout.. love the chevrons, great impact!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layout. I love that you have the chevron cut into the denim paper with pattern paper behind it. The little denim pocket embellishment is just the icing on the cake. It's a really beautiful layout.

    My wife has been wanting to enter some challenges. I'm going to tell her about this one. Thanks for following our blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS!!! I am IN AWE!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colorful chevron background you created and love love love love that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see you are having great fun with your new toy already my friend!! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've definitely got the "Chevrons must be noticable at first glance" covered, Lynette - they are very eyecatching & so so effective...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome, Lynnette! I so love what you did with that chevron piece and all the happy patterns behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my.....sooooo fun!!! That is super cool to put the different patterned paper together beautifully!!! LOVE LOVE your chevron page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layout Lynette...the chevron template is just superb...and fits so perfectly with the photo! Stunning work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a perfect combination - this gorgeous photo and the colorful background you created! that denim pocket is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I truly love your page... I would love to be able to do a chevron layover like that but am not forking out thousands to buy yet another machine... guess I best figure out a way to fussy cut one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like a great way to use up lots of little scraps of paper. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥