Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Born to Shop *Scrapbook Studio*

I am the design team member for the month of November over at the Scrapbook Studio in Jeffreysbay.  Here is the first layout I made with the November kit.
DH and I took our little grand daughter shopping as a gift for her 5th birthday.  We had to run to keep up to this little live wire.  I took this photo of her with my Blackberry...so not such a good photo.


Step one:  I used the Crate Paper Emma’s Shoppe Collection (Books) for the background and cut it to 30X30 cm.

Step two:  I cut a 9cm x 23cm strip of Crate Paper Paper Heart Collection (Define) and inked the edges black.
Step three:  Using a 6x6 Crafters Workshop heart template, I traced 13 hearts on the Craft Paper: Emma’s Shoppe (Dolls), Portrait collection (Traditions) and Portrait collection (Bouquet).  
Step four: Cut it out and inked it with black ink.
Step five: How do you make a shopping trolley look glamorous :-)  You add glitter! Ink the “Born to Shop” chipboard title, when dry cover it with Glossy Accents and Sprinkle it with black glitter.

Step six:  Place and stick down the hearts along the edge so that you can get the correct stitching line.
Step seven:  Pierce holes and stitch.  Please forgive the shadows in my photos...this is my first tutorial;-)
Step eight: Complete your embellishing.  I added some tiny Prima flowers to my trolley and put bling in the centre of each bloom.  I then attached the bling swirls above and below the photo.  I punched a butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch and added some bling to it.

You can find the November kit at the Scrapbook Studio store.

xx


19 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Guest Designer spot Lynette!! Love this gorgeous page!! The hearts and stitching are really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous, Lynette! I really appreciated that you included a step-by-step to your creative process ... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GDT!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the hearts, the stitching, the cart filled with flowers....just WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Love the stitched hearts! I always say that I am going to try this and then I get lazy and don't. The work is so worth the end result! Just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! Love the shopping trolley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynette...this is just gorgeous! I love the hearts and the super photo, and that cute chippie! Simply stunning!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first tutorial! Great job and a lovely layout & cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up mates, how is all, and what you desire to say concerning this piece of writing, in my view its genuinely amazing in support of me.
    My page :: earnonlinesite.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page... and well done on your first tutorial. I did my first one this month too... is a daunting task!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off amazing job for your first tutorial. I've written 3 of them and they aren't half this good. Moving on I love this layout. The stitching is to die for. The inking on the hearts is great. I love the glittered shopping cart filled with flowers. Beautiful work Lynette. I'm going to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling layout! I love the stitching on the hearts, so going to steal that idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette this is another gorgeous layout. Love the stitching across the hearts. Love the cheerfulness.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout, Lynette...love the hearts with the stitching through them like that - almost like they are hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the guest stint.Love the tutorial. The stitched heart-chains are very effective and I love that chippie too.
    Especially with all the flowers! :-)
    Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your GD spot!! Such a wonderful lo! Love the stitched hearts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy, colorful page! I love the stitched borders, the flower-filled cart, and the repeated hearts. This page is full of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥