Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Another sleepover

I feel much more at peace blogging in this private space;-)  Before we left on our trip to Plettenberg Bay we invited all our children for a meal at the Spur.  (that is where the little ones can play and we can have a peaceful time catching up on each others lives....so everyone is happy)
 
Little Stefan was sleeping when we left home.
Little Lukas had invited himself to sleepover at our home and loudly announced to all present that he is sleeping with Ouma and Oupa.  Leane immediately piped up:  "Ouma hoekom kan Lukie by julle slaap en nie ek nie? (Why can Lukie sleepover and not her).  So obviously I did what a "good" Ouma would do and told her that she can sleep with us too.  A few minutes later Dewan crawled onto the bench next to me and held onto me.  "Ouma, ek is baie liefies vir jou".  (Ouma, I love you lots).  I knew exactly why he loved me so much and told him it is okay that he also sleeps over with us.  
That resulted in three very happy little ones....they love Ouma and Oupa and they love each other even more.
Leane and Lukas giving me their best "cheesy" smiles.
...and Dewan following suit;-)

So we had three little bodies sleeping in the queen size bed in the spareroom.  Lukas and Dewan both wanted to sleep in the middle.  Lukas wanted the nightlight on.  Dewan wanted it off.  Dewan claimed the middle position and after a while decided he needed to go to the bathroom, on his return Lukas had taken his place......I am sure you get the picture :-D

Early the next morning they all jumped into bed with me and Kobus and we all had coffee together.  Stefan also joined in with his bottle.  They then went to play outside...and Lukas and Leane went snail hunting.
Dewan didn't want to be part of this activity.
If the advertisement regarding "Snail Gel" is true...these two will have perfect skins.
The princess and the snail;-)

I will do a post later this week with glimpses of our time in Plettenberg Bay.

19 comments:

  1. You're such a sweet Ouma! I love all the photos of your darling little grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grand kids are just gorgeous!!! And your garden is beautiful! When can I come over to relax and have a nice read? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daar is darem niks lekkerder as om ouma te wees nie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Lynette!! I hope I can be a granny as great as you when my turn comes around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you feel more comfortable to post now. Look forward to lots more doings of your clan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to sleep over at your house too, looks like a perfect place to be.
    I have snails here though, my children don't appreciate them quite as much as your little folk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is such a wonderful place for kids! And I need an Ouma like you close to me for my kids. As you know that Ouma lives close to you. Maybe we should just move to PE and then have two great Oumas close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just 'hear' all this too sweet. Your garden is looking stunning Lynette and all of your grandchildren are so cute, you are so blessed we are the same age and I have none :( but then my oldest is only 26

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that they love being with you and that you love having them - i think that is why grandparents have such an awesome job!

    Love the last pic of L with the snail xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious grand children. So blessed to have you and Kobus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What better way to wake up in the morning . The world is such a wonderful place with grandmums like you. Your grandkids are so beautiful and adorable. And your garden (I can just imagine rolling on the grass with the kids).


    PS: pls let us know about the snail gel ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette- Your grandchildren are getting so big and seem so happy together. I've missed your blog and look forward to "seeing" you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too funny, laughing at what must have been a long night for all of you. How fun sleepovers can be though. It was so sweet of you to include all 3 of the kids. Great pictures of the cheesy smiles and snails.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynette, your grandchildren are absolutely precious! So adorable! I can see how much you love those little ones & they, you!! What a fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your garden looks incredible! I think I would play with snails there too cos it all seems a little bit magical! What a privilege to share life so closely with all your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grandchildren are blessings from God...sounds like a fun night with Ouma & Oupa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are just the cutest!!! I can just picture in my head the bed scene!! Tooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥