Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Life is about using the whole box of crayons - Scrap Africa challenge 9

 
This is the image that is the inspiration for challenge no 9 at Scrap Africa this week.
You can use the phrase on your project.
You can use crayons in any way you like - colour something with it on your LO or use it as embellishments.
Use the quote as inspiration and tell a story through your project about living life to the full.
HAVE FUN!

 Now many of you know me...I don't colour outside the lines and I struggle to think outside the box. So for me this was about having fun...YES!!!!

I found this is my extensive stash:
It is a 12x12 inch piece of canvas fabric by Prima.

...then I remembered I had this beauties:
I discovered these awesome Caran D'ache Neocolor II watersoluble crayons when I did an online art course.

I took the canvas and randomly coloured patches with the crayons.
Then I misted it with water and the crayon pigment dissolved.  I continued to use a paint brush to shade the colours.

Supply list:  Background canvas:  Prima; Printed papers and embellishments: IOD by Creative Imaginations: Black rubon lace: Hambly; Quote: Kaisercraft; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Other: Neocolor II crayons and texture paste.

After the canvas dried in the sun the background was set and I pasted the canvas onto cardstock.  I used some texture paste and a stencil to make the circle dots.  I found this very blurry photo of myself (the self that I would love to be) twirling in the seawater at the beach.  I added some black brushes by Rhonna Farrer to frame the photo.  I then cut a lot of pennants and placed them behind the photo.  I did some hand stitching, added this awesome quote and it was done.  I HAD FUN:-)

xx

25 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I love love love that photo of you, the quote ... and the background is FABULOUS!!!

    Too bad we can't use old projects!! I made a canvas a while ago with the crayon quote and crayons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette you artsy take on this challenge totally rocks! i love the way you created the background and the way you embellished your LO. and the photo of you is stunning! beautiful work all in all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I too love that pic of you ... so carefree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Lynette. I still have not scrapped in years ... some days I look at my stash and consider just letting it all go so that I feel less guilty - but I think I'd miss it all too much ...lol.

    Have a stunning week

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this challenge I thought it looked very difficult and wondered what one could do... Your interpretation is just perfect. I love every little piece of this. That background looks fabulous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Lynette this is beautiful!! I love how you used those crayons in the background of the canvas!! Glad you had fun on your project!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've done for the challenge Lynette! That pic of you is just beautiful. Wonderful layout! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynette - beautiful. Really letting those creative juices flow....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I absolutely LOVE this. It is completely gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that's such a gorgeous page Lynette! Well done. and nice to see you in the picture. blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is screaming beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW, this is sooo gorgeous!! I love that you colored the background in, came out wonderful. What a fun photo to use for this prompt also. It's good to color outside the box sometimes and just HAVE FUN!! Totally LOVE ALL OF THIS!!!


    Just read your grandparenting post and awwww how sweet the photos are. The words you shared are so true, never thought of it that way but you are so right. It's a hard mix of things together and to just live thru it. I'm trying my best everyday to raise my kids and deal with moodswings and talk back daily, now I know that one day hopefully there will be sweet grandchildren for me to just ENJOY!! So go love those babies now and soak up all their cuteness.

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! This looks fabulous!! Love it - do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning page!! This is going into my favorites file!! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work. So much inspiration here!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI.. oh wow.. you have certainly used the whole box of crayons.. this is stunning.. I love what you have done here.. the back ground looks amazing.. and the photo and journalling really add to the feeling of freedom and adventure.. fabulous take on the challenge.. and thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a comment.. I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I love how you did your background. It looks so soft, and the colors just melt together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynette this is the most amazing layout ever!!! I love the details girl. You have a gift!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is a side of you I havent seen - and the photo is just perfect for this wild, out the box layout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! Thanks so much for showing the before photos - I am blown away by your background!!! This layout is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Absolutely beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely stunning!! who said we are too old to use crayons!lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥