Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Woman's Day Event with Jowilna Nolte

Last week I spent three fabulous days in Jeffreys Bay.  The Scrapbook Studio hosted a Woman's Day event and the talented Jowilna Nolte taught us a whole lot of new techniques.  I think I told you before that I normally do all my creative work on my own in my own studio, so needless to say this was totally out of my comfort zone.  Added to this I was sick most of the time.

I want to show you some of the beautiful things I created starting with my favourite.  On Friday last week Jowilna taught a mixed media canvas class and this had me the most excited.  This is the canvas I made:
What you see here was an "all day" process.  I can't even remember how many layers was added to the canvas until this was the result.  I got REAL messy...and I loved every moment of it.  This is going to be something that I will make often and it will make awesome gifts.
We misted and painted and let the paint drip of the edges.  We applied texture paste using stencils.  We used gold perfect pearls and misted over this then used gel medium to stick down the music paper. 
We learned how to make our own crackle effects using wood glue and acrylic paint.
During the whole process we used a white "drip sheet" and the hearts were cut out from this random drippings.  Awesome don't you think.

On the first day we made a double layout.  I scrapped these photos of Leane taken at Plettenberg Bay.  
I love hexagons.  On day two we made this awesome layout.  I haven't had time to add the journaling.
We made eight cards with techniques that I have never done before.
We dabbed paint through stencils and did sewing around the middle circle.
This card took forever to finish.  Each key of the typewriter was mounted on glue circles.  How could I ever give it away?
One of the card classes was dedicated to working with gold leaf...and we were taught various application procedures.  
We made the rosettes from scratch and you can see gold leafing on this card too.

Other than that...today is the 9th day that I have been sick.  So I am really sick and tired of being sick.  On Wednesday last week a muscle in my throat went into spasm with the result that it becomes very painful to swallow.  Then it was headaches that wouldn't let up, a stomach bug and finally flu.  The doctor was not very sympathetic when I visited him.  He asked my why I am stressing so much.  I denied it...so he told me that I can say what I want but my body is betraying me.  So for now I am following his advise and using little white helpers until I can cope again.  

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

xx

26 comments:

  1. These are stunning my friends- but that first one is magnificent. I think yo need to put yourself in bed for some rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas!!!! And I agree with the doc, your body is talking LOUD. Maybe you should listen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh LOVE the canvas. Sounds like you had a wonderful creative three days to get the creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun you had Lynette! I love that canvas, the techniques you learned sure sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun...though I wish you wouldn't have been sick during it! I love love love all your projects from the classes!! They are all GORGEOUS!! That canvas is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of them. Hope you feel better soon. Take the little white helpers. Nothing to feel bad about. They definately help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly I am so sorry that you are ill :( I pray for a speedy recovery for you!! WOW to all your awesome projects - glad you had a chance for some local scrappy comeraderie & make some pretty things along the way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you have to listen to your body. If it needs rest and some soul time then do it:-) We cannot help anyone else if we haven't helped ourselves. Here's to you and I really hope you get better soon soon. Take care!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collection of images here! Sounds like you had a fabulous time at that event. I sure hope you feel better soon!

    Thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Lynette, these are all amazing!! The canvas looks great and sounds like it was a lot of fun!! Your layouts and cards are fabulous too!! Great work on all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome, glad you had fun crafting, wonderful canvas, layout and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all your creations,i like jowilna's work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing creation Lynette! It must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning Lynette! i admire your creativity and hope you are better! there's nothing worse than feeling yuck!! to the moon with the sickness...pray you are better and stop stressing! yip not easy advise but the best. everything needs to go into The Lord's hands to handle! lots of love Jowilna xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon. Spring is coming, something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Lots of awesomeness here!!! Love all of these! Your double layouts are fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, it seems you really had some great time with a lot of scrapping! so many gorgeous projects! I specially love the canvas and the LOs :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you had a very productive time away Lynette. Your projects are beautiful.
    I hope you feel better real soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette, I love all these creations you were taught - you must have had a fabulous time, despite feeling so sick. Trust you are well on the mend by now.
    Lots of hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is some beautiful work. I especially like the hexagon layout. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work. I pray for peace and healing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful projects!!!
    I am so sorry you're not feeling well. It stinks to be sick for so long...sometimes you forget what it feels like to be well.
    I hope that you'll feel like yourself again soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much BEAUTIFUL work! I love the hexagons and hearts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice cards;)I've never seen these roses and papers in Poland shops.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what gorgeous work!! Love the amazing and sweet family canvas along with your beautiful layouts and cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous work Lynette! Loved how you played and stretched yourself!
    e.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥