Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Some "Cariena" therapy.

Last week Wednesday I drove through to Jeffreys Bay and The Scrapbook Studio.  I was planning on doing the class that Jowilna Nolte taught on the Saturday of the Woman's Day Event.  I was also not in a "good" place and needed some therapy.  Scrapbooking does that for me....I have to add that Cariena the owner of  The Scrapbook Studio is such a lovely, caring person and just what I needed on this day.

This is the beautiful layout that I made that is designed by Jowilna Nolte.  I have decided that I enjoyed the messy processes that have scared me silly for years.  I chose this photos of Bianca that was taken a week before Stefan's birth.  The papers are from the TCP Studio Grandma's Attic Range.  I have had it for ages and found it a bit "old" to use.  It worked beautifully with these photos.
I worked with modelling paste, stencils, mists and micro beads.
I made pretty paper flowers and stitched hearts.
Isn't this embossed patina heart gorgeous?  The Scrapbook Studio sells Jowilna's notes on how to create this gorgeous effect and can be found here.

xx

26 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Lynette. Glad this was good therapy for you.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what the doctor ordered ne? Gorgeous layouts, loving all the mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Lynette!! I love those sweet photos and the colors are so soft and pretty!! The embossed hearts and micro-beads are really fabulous! Love everything about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! and so glad that you managed to get some 'time out therapy' for yourself:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ... glad you got a good therapy session in.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is soooo gorgeous and amazing!! LOVE LOVE The colors you chose for this and the hearts are SOOOOO COOL AND PRETTY!!

    Happy you got to get out and be with friends and let them take care of you. Do this more often friend, make time for you and feeling better!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the photos, the colors and LOVEEEEEEEEEEE those hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout, just look at the texture and details, gotta LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful layout Lynette! it turned out stunning and what can be more therapeutic than making a mess, scrapping beautiful memories, cutting out hearts (the centre of everything) and then ending up with a beautiful project that will bring endless joy! blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little roses :) Beautiful.
    Love your layout you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better than some creative therapy to help get ones mind sorted.

    Love this LO and i think the paper is perfect.

    Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! She looked amazing, and what a wonderful memory to keep!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette, what a stunning page, full of amazing techniques!! I love messy too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pretty. I always love your attention to details. The paper flowers are just perfect. I also love how you mixed the paper flower with the poxy one and the glass bead looking thing. Great photo shoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you got some scrappy me time and got to play and be messy! Fabulous photo of your girl & I love microbeads!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing detail on here Lynette. Love the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work! I love the hearts! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Lynette; messy definitely suits you. Love this two pager and hope to see many more 'messy' pages coming soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette what a gorgeous layout! I love how you rock those double pagers!!!!
    Praying for you friend!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous double page layout...love the colours & the photos!

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments left on my blog - I really appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a beautiful and soft double-pager! very interesting details on i too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at all the gorgeous detail! Love this layout - so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! there really is nothing better than getting messy and creative when you need to get your mind together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this too...she looks so beautiful in these photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥