Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He moves mountains.

Oh He doesn't only move them....He flattens them!

If you read my previous post...you will know that I hit an all time low last week.  I cracked under the stress and strain of the past few months and it was making me sick.  I finally got to the end of myself....the end of my strength.  I surrendered.  Despite my weakness....God extends grace.  He doesn't tell me "oh you of little faith", He just loves me too much to do that.  He just tells me that His grace is sufficient for me and that His strength is made perfect in weakness.

If you are new to my blog, you can read more about the Mission we started 14 years ago  HERE.  

For the past 8 months we have seen an alarming trend in our electricity and water account.  It started climbing at an astonishing rate. Eight months ago our account was around R35000 per month...and then it was R55000.  We installed heat pumps and started load shedding between 11pm and 4 am.  Still the account climbed to R85000 and last month I opened the account and like David said in  Psalm 22:14 "I am poured out like water, all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax it melted within me." The account was for R116000 and fear gripped my heart. Month end was looming and there was NO way to pay this account.  When phoning the municipality we were sent from pillar to post and never managed to reach the "right" person to speak to. Everyday we expected that the authorities would come and cut the supply of electricity and water to the building.  The burden was immense....we were failing the people in our care.  The future of the Mission was at stake.

Last week we called for a corporate week of praise and worship at the Mission. The theme was "Breaking the chains".  Every evening we just praised Him despite our situation.  My favourite song during this time was: "Saviour, You can move the mountain, my God is mighty to save...He is mighty to save."

Yesterday at 2:50 THE MOUNTAIN WASN'T ONLY MOVED...IT WAS REMOVED!  I received an e-mail from die assistant director of customer care at the municipality.  Our account was reduced from R259000 to ZERO.  From September we will be paying a reduced rate that is called "Assistance to the Poor". (ATTP).  I am so thankful to our ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL, AWESOME GOD.  He is indeed Mighty to SAVE.

ps.  I have burned my superwoman cape. I only need Him.  I can't accomplish anything in my own strength.

xx

30 comments:

  1. Wow lynette-God never comes too late or too soon! It is only once we remove that "super woman cape" that His Spirit can take charge! And praise Him for removing the mountain! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is wonderful! I'm so happy that God have helped your organisation. Praise to Him.
    And thank you for posting this. Me and hubby's electricity bill is rising each month and this month I'm so down in the dumps with this but your post have given me hope. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Lynette, that is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Lynette, this is living proof, that there is God that cares for each and everyone of us.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update as I was worried about you. May blessings continue your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this was wonderful to read and be reminded of our great God... I give Him the praise for His help to you.. God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! That is AMAZING and WONDERFUL news!! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am CRYING!!!!

    Yes, our God is mighty to save.

    He has indeed got it ALL covered :)

    PS and what an awesome testimony of praising despite the circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise the Lord for answered prayer. Thanks for sharing and the beautiful word art at the beginning of your post. My day is a bit brighter. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, Lynette! I was reading this to my DH and at the end i was struggling because of the tears running from my eyes. He IS mighty and we are so privileged to serve this AMAZING God!
    thank you so much for blessing us with this testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, my friend! He is all we need! i have had to take my cape off too! just also remember - we fall down, and we get up! by His Grace! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is amazing Lynette! So happy for you all. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Die trane loop behoorlik hierdiekant. Ons dien 'n getroue en groot God.
    So bly vir julle vriendin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing blessing! They always come when we need them most and feel as though we want to give up.
    So happy for your unexpected miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is AMAZING news Lynette!!! It is always awesome to hear the miracles God is doing among the lives of those who are faithful to Him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you, you are truly blessed and cared!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing Lynette!! I am so happy for you, you truly deserve this for all that you do. Take care, friend! I'll be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always always and over over He moves at the last minute ... testing and pushing and prying and prodding and testing and trying us, finding if we have some grit, a little more staying power, and LOADS OF FAITH ... and you know He moves just as we feel the last of our strength leave our feeble human bodies ... restoring our trust His power and promises.

    You are so special and such a blessing!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy that GOD came thru for you and what a blessing and relief it was. Keep hold of that FAITH dear friend and it will get you thru anything.

    So happy that you had some happy news during this tough time.

    Take care, hugs and prayers for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. bwhaaaa Lynette...LOVE the superwoman cape comment! it's about time we did that. all we can do is trust and hope and believe. such an awesome testimony. we are standing in faith for a miracle for my brother, his family and his mission too! have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lynette, wow, I am so glad that I did not get around to reading posts for a while and that right now, today, I read this. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am riddled in goose bumps..
    Firstly I read the amounts even at the start of the climb and thought to myself...THATS MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE EARN...HOW DO THEY PAY IT...and then as it climbed I felt the myself compress with the fear you must have experienced...THEN...on my word...ZERO...that is wonderful...shew....good things happen to good people....you have restored my faith in that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, wow, wow!! What a beautiful and amazing story! So relieved for you Lynette - what truly fantastic news. God is just magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a huge blessing to know that God is faithful and will honor that in us! PTL!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow!! this is amazing!! we serve a AWESOME GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it when our Glorious God shines through the dark like this! If we are not going through these difficult and hard times then how can our God show us and everyone around us His amazing power? The light really does shine the brightest in the darkest of places. This story gives me holy goose bumps! I bathe you and your ministry in prayer...our ministries that God has placed us in are not for the faint of faith or heart. God is so Good! Blessing all over your week, my sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sjoe. I keep on coming back to read this post and I get emotional every time.I have no words - except WOW. WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥