Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scrap Africa challenges

I am a bit behind in posting the Scrap Africa challenges.  Sorry about that.  The first project I want to share with you is this one.  The first challenge is "For the boys". Challenge # 7 is dedicated to the wonderful men in our lives - big or small. Make any scrap object dedicated to a man or a boy.  The catch is that it must have a phrase on it: it can be your own words or a quote but it must tell what is so special about that person to whom you dedicate your project. You have until 9 August to upload your layout to the Scrap Africa blog to stand a chance to win some scrappy goodness from Celebr8.
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Printed Paper:  Echo Park "Note to Self"; Circle dies:  Quickutz; Thread:  WeR Memory keepers; Alpa: Pink Paislee. Sketch: Allison Davis.

The next challenge I want to share with you is Sketch 8.
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Printed papers: Echo park "Note to Self"; Punch: Martha Stewart punch around the page; thread: WeR Memory keepers; trim: Prima; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Chipboard title: Celebr8.

Here is the sketch you can use to take part in this challenge.  You have until 16 August to upload your project . 


The sponsor for this challenge is a scrapbooking shop Fruitful Hands located in Benoni.
Here you will find very friendly service and a lot of new products to choose from.

One of you will get this gift voucher to spend it on something scrappy at Fruitful Hands
The internet-shopping is also offered here.

Last Saturday I spent the morning with a group of fabulous ladies in Port Elizabeth learning new Tim Holtz techniques.  Cariena of The Scrapbook Studio in Jeffreysbay came to teach us to make a fabulous layout using only Tim Holtz products.  This was my very first class and also the first time I got my hands very dirty.  We were taught how to emboss, use crackle effect, distress inks, glassine papers and much, much more.  I would call myself a "colour inside the lines girl".  All these new techniques took me WAY outside my comfort zone.  Scrapping away from my own scraproom also took away from what is normally comfortable to me.  I LOVED IT....and here is the layout I made using photographs of my childhood.
My scanning was a bit skew.   But you can see the beautiful inking, embossing and stamping here.  I got my hands VERY dirty.   It took nearly two days for the ink on my fingers to fade.

xx

21 comments:

  1. Loving this beautiful creations, so true to your gorgeous crafting style. Especially love all the circles on the first layout.
    Hop on over to Doing Life - for a chance to win some lovely digi stamps.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww!! These are all gorgeous Lynette!! I love love love love the colors and loving the circles on the first one and the COLORS on those butterflies on your 2-pager!!! BEAUTIFUL work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of your layouts!!! Looks like you had a blast learning all those new techniques, your layout is fabulous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, all beautiufl but that last one is simply spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, certainly stepping out of your 'box'!

    Love the last one, it is gorgeous.

    But i absolutely adore the first one - so very very cute!

    Well done clever you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layouts are wonderful. I would love to see the last one in "real life". It is so beautiful but photos do not show texture, etc. It is great seeing your work again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful lynette...the double layout is stunning,love the black and white pictures with the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette these layouts are all so beautiful!! I don't think O could choose a favorite! The colors, embellishments and photos all just work together so beautifully!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layouts, Lynette!! Love the use of the Note to Self collection on the first two!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layouts ... especially fond of the last one.
    Hope your week is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynette,
    So nice to your pages again, just love them!! That first one is cute and great boy colors. I LOVE LOVE THE TITLE YOU USED FOR IT!!

    Great job on the other layouts too, the one of your childhood photos is so precious, how nice to use them and remember those times.

    Sending you hugs and HAPPY SMILES!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous layouts... love your scrapping style.

    Also just browsed through your catch up photo post... lovely pics.... your grandkids are growing so big so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your layouts are wonderful....I especially like the two page layout using the new TH techniques, the photos are precious! Thanks for more great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great to see your beautiful creations again Lynette. Gorgeous work as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you have been busy Lynette! Love the LO's using the new EP collections. The photos of the boys playing are so cute. Great double using all of those interesting techniques. I usually don't get my hands dirty either. I shy away from wet mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynette each of your LOs is very special! I totally adore the boy LO with all the circles on it and the photo's are very cute! the family LO is so precious and the photo of a very dear family moment is very beautiful! and your double-pager with all the artsy stuff on it and all the photo's of your childhood is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work, Lynette!!! Loving all of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaaah looks like you had fun getting inky!! Loving those chippies!! And greta projects for SA too - glad you are having a moment to scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the boys page especially. You inspire me

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you are scrapping up a storm. So glad you are sharing your beautiful pages again! I love the photos of the little boys in the first page. So so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥