Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This and that

 (Photo taken from the Lookout Restaurant)

I haven't written a blog in two weeks!  We got back from our week in paradise (Plettenberg Bay) and got so caught up with work and life that time just flew by.  So in this post I am going to kick off with a little MEME I found on Gill's blog.  I will also be sharing a few (lots) of photos from our time away.
  1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? The ability to live in the moment.
  2. What is your greatest fear? That something bad happens to my children or grandchildren
  3. Which historical figure do you most identify with? I have a lot of respect and admiration for various people who have made a difference in the world, for instance Mother Theresa and her love for the unlovable people of India and Nelson Mandela for his ability to forgive. I could never identify with them though:-)
  4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
  5. What is the trait you most deplore in others?  Arrogance and judgmentalism
  6. What is your greatest extravagance? Buying too much scrapbooking and art material.
  7. What is your favorite journey? The road that leads to Plettenberg Bay:-)
  8. What do you dislike most about your appearance? I think once you hit the grand ol' age of 50 you make peace with your "not so nice" bits.  After a holiday I feel my bum is too big and I hate the way my hair curls when it is wet or humid.
  9. What words or phrases do you most overuse? I haven't noticed...maybe I should ask my loved ones that one:-)
  10. What is your greatest regret? Over the years I have come to realize that everything happens for a reason and even the mistakes I made taught me valuable lessons for life...so there can't be regrets.
  11. Who or what is the greatest love(s) of your life? My darling husband of 33 years...followed closely by my three children and five (six soon) grandchildren.  I never knew that the capacity to love can be stretched to such magnificent lengths.
  12. When or where were you happiest? My happy place is in Plettenberg Bay and I need my husband to be there to truly make it happy.  I guess in the end he is my happy place and I will be happy where ever I am with him.
  13. What talent would you most like to have? To be able to paint and create works of art.
  14. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Those would be the things that will remain after I am gone...so it will be my family and it will also be the Mission that my DH and I started in 1998 and that have touched the lives of so many broken and lost people.
  15. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what would it be? I don't want to come back, I live to one day be with my Father in heaven.
  16. What is your most treasured possession? That would be the things that cannot be replaced, so I would say that it is my photo albums...the first things I will try to save if my house started burning.
  17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?  Being separated from God.
  18. Where would you like to live? Right here, right now.
  19. What is your favorite occupation?  Spending time with my family, taking too many photos and scrapbooking.
  20. What is your most marked characteristic? Honesty
  21. What is the quality you most like in a man? Integrity
  22. What do you most value in your friends? Their unconditional love.
  23. Who are your favorite writers? I have many:  Linda La Plante, Lisa Gardner, Jodi Picoult, Khaled Hosseini.  I love crime novels and stories with a historical background.
  24. Who is your favorite hero in fiction? Don’t have one.
  25. Who are your heroes in real life? People who overcome tremendous obstacles and succeed against all odds.
  26. What are your favorite names? No idea.
  27. What is it that you most dislike? cruelty and injustice
  28. How would you like to die? I would like to be raptured;-)  If that isn't possible I would prefer to die in my sleep.
  29. What is your motto? Be the change you want to see in the world.    
Feel free to copy this MEME and link back to me, I would love to read your answers to the questions.  At the end of our week in Plett our children Kobus and Lache and their little ones joined us for the last two days.
Enjoying the warm weather in Plett.
Leane, making the trolley her carriage;-)
My little beach babe.
Gorgeous little Dewan.
Relaxing in the Sea Lounge.
The grandbabies on their usual perch on top of Oupa.
Noticing the Mamarazzi;-)
Always ready to strike a pose.
 It is never to cold to swim.
Shhh....don't tell anybody but they fed the seagulls whole rusks from the 5th floor window.
 My pretty DIL with her little ones.
My handsome son with my gorgeous grandson;-)

I hope to be back again soon.

xx

29 comments:

  1. Such a special family you are and the grand bambinos are growing up so quickly. Glad to see that you all had a relaxing break.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures -- your family is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette I am not a blog reader in general but I always enjoy reading your posts - whatever you write about! and I also always enjoy your happy photo's of your beautiful family! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the meme! Lache looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you decided to do this meme too :-) Loved reading your answers and the pictures of your family are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're all looking very well, Lynette.

    Loved reading your answers, especially your legacy one :)

    Plett is so gorgeous - your pics make me want to go there NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meme!
    Love the photos!
    Always enjoying to hear about Plet - it is such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great meme!
    Love the photos!
    Always enjoying to hear about Plet - it is such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos Lynn!! I'm sure these will make for some amazing layouts and I especially love the one of the kids feeding the seagull from the window!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these. I love to look at your photos. Thanks for visiting my blog.....it is always nice to read your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I know that had to be the best getaway and loved seeing all the sweet photos of the family too. Thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog. You are such a lovely person! I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your family photos, they are so beautiful! Looks like a good time for all. Hope your enjoying that new grandbaby and the week is going well now that your back home.
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love reading your blog Lynette! It looks like you had a fantastic time away.
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What precious and sweet family photos my friend.And I remember that Plettenberg bay was a great and pretty place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Lynette, Thank you for sharing such meaningful and honest answers to these questions. I so enjoy reading your posts and seeing your family in your photos. The love you have for them is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are ao beautiful! Loved the meme and your answers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful family all wrapped up in beautiful memories! Wonderful pictures here as always! Love your question and answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't need to aspire to be creatI've and an artist, you ARE both already! I love the honesty of your answers! I can see why you love P Bay so much, it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette, these photos of your family are wonderful! It looks like a wonderful time. I would love to visit there someday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one amazing list and some awesome photos! Looks like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always enjoy looking at the picture of your beautiful family, especially those cuties, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful post Lynette - and gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I received the sketch support book that I won on your blog. Thanks to you and Scrapbook Generation.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I received the sketch support book that I won on your blog. Thanks to you and Scrapbook Generation.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos and great to read about you! I really love the beach babe photo - sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such gorgeous pics of a beautiful family x x> love the feeding of whole rusks to the seagulls from the 5th floor :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful pictures and such a beautiful family Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These photos are so precious Lynette. I love the happy look. You and your husband look so lovely together!!
    I loved reading all those facts about you and getting to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have such a gorgeous family and you take such beautiful photos of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥